Coleman Rooftop air conditioner available to good (motor) home

DeepEndFrog

Hello everyone -

Longtime lurker here, thank you to everyone for the wealth of information and community.  It has been priceless.

For all the reading and hanging around I've done, I'm still not clear on whether buy/sell/give posts are welcome here, if not forgive me!  The "Sell or Buy a Toyota Motorhome" section of the site appears to be non-functional, as it has since I started visiting a few years ago.

In any case, I'm making some updates to my '91 Winnie Warrior, and wanted to offer up (for free) the rooftop AC. This is available for pickup in Western MA.

This Coleman Mach rooftop AC was working fine when I removed it a few weeks ago, but after I deal with the roof crater I plan to replace it with a 12V fan.  I have all the parts and paperwork to the best of my knowledge.  The unit was installed in 2000 according to a note on the manual, and this 1991 rig only has 85k miles on it, so I suspect it was rather lightly used.  I put it on Craigslist a while ago, but no takers.  Link with photos here.

Please drop me a line if interested.  Hoping someone out there can make good use of this.

I'm also planning to remove the Onan 2800 generator, if that is of interest please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Eric

You're welcome to post RV related stuff for sale here. I hope someone can use this. It may have a notation about the year 2000 somewhere but by 2000 these smaller ones were no longer made. One of the owners of another Toyota RV site was just looking for one of these. Unfortunately, she is in California. It may be older but these little ones are still in demand. They can be run easily on a 2000wt generator, and I have heard of some people running them with a 1000wt one. 

Your generator is a big ticket item and also very desirable. Even older ones can sell for up to a grand. New ones cost $4000. 

Maybe you shouldn't give it away

Linda S

I agree the Onan 2800 is a very capable unit don't give it away people with the Kohlers would love it!

Thank you Linda and Maineah!  I can’t possibly list all the ways the content and advice from you and other folks here has helped me with this rig over the last 15 months: valve job/shims, over cab deck rebuild, exterior sealing.  This old Warrior is getting back into fighting form!

Found a taker for the AC, perhaps they saw the link here.  I am glad it will have a good home.  Now on to sorting out how to best get the roof pitch back to something acceptable and the choice of which 12v ceiling fans to get for the center and rear (which is original, loud, and crappy).  

Appreciate the tips on the Onan.  A quick ebay look just before posting suggested it might have some value. I am planning to investigate further before giving it away, but if someone here wants to make an offer, happy to consider it.