Help me with License Plates n BMV Please

Usafammo

Ok I'm starting to feel bad throwing all these problems out here to you guys but you always have the answers.   

I live in Indiana not going to say which License Branch I went to in the state but they would not plate my 1986 New World Toyota Pickup Motorhome cause they couldn't find the model number in their computer system.  I had the title from Tennessee from the person I purchased it from and it is listed on that title as a Toyota Pickup. 

This license branch said it was not in fact a Pickup but a RV.  I of course gave them the Vin number and it's on the title.  In Indiana you have to physically take the vehicle there if you bought it out of state.  So they verified the vin on the truck to the title and everything.  

It ended up with them telling me I could get license plate cause they needed a model and they price of it when it was new.  I told then it was a New World.  They told me I had to call Toyota and get more information about it.  At that point I realized that arguing with a fool only proves that there are 2,  and I gathered my things n left.  

Does anyone know what I need to do to get plates.  I had the title and a bill of sale.  I don't know what else they could ask from me. 

Thank you in advance 

Kyle

Oh and this was just my latest photo of her before she got solar powered

20220817_160440.jpg

There is nothing in the Indiana BMV requiring you to provide that information. Did the person who inspected it give you a vehicle inspection form. 

State Form 39530

Is the odometer completely filled out on the title. If not complete this

State Form 43230

Then go to another BMV branch to register. If they give you crap

ask for a manger. Explain that 35 years ago RV's did not receive a special vin designation, only what's on the truck window. 

Company has been out of business many years so there is no place to find out original price. 

Good luck

Linda S

Mine is plated as a "MH". The insurance company gave me the big runaround on the name of mine until finally I did the Johnny Cash thing and took 20 years of history and slammed it on the table and said have at it. They didn't laugh...

One Piece at a Time...

"But up there at the court house they didn't laugh
'Cause to type it up it took the whole staff
And when they got through the title weighed sixty pounds"

Mine are titled as Sunraders with the truck vin as the vin. If you have a copy of the brochure maybe they can figure out the model is a "New World." 

So confusing for them. Are they going to disrespect Indiana's glorious RV history? Yours is so rare NADA, which lists over 2000 different RV's, doesn't include the New World. 

Linda S

In the hot rodding world most states has a procedure for dealing with the Johnny Cash thing when you have built a car from many pieces and parts. The state DMV has the ability to issue a state assigned VIN. It becomes the new ID/VIN for the vehicle.

If all else fails see if this is possible

19 hours ago, linda s said:

Then go to another BMV branch to register. If they give you crap

ask for a manger. Explain that 35 years ago RV's did not receive a special vin designation, only what's on the truck window. 

This.  Go to another branch and ask for a manager.  Do not say you built it.  Say you "just cleaned it up" and you will get around a LOT of the scrutiny.  Minimize what you did to it.