Nothing bad to say about Rock Auto

Gary_M

Getting a refrigerator magnet in the mail is kind of cool. Now let's get our pictures and let them know that we want a magnet with Toyhome on it and be part of the collector series! 😁

IMG_4781.jpg.a29b3296d8c94a3c2ba23b658c31b420.jpg

3 hours ago, Gary_M said:

Getting a refrigerator magnet in the mail is kind of cool. Now let's get our pictures and let them know that we want a magnet with Toyhome on it and be part of the collector series! 😁

IMG_4781.jpg.a29b3296d8c94a3c2ba23b658c31b420.jpg

If you want to completely rebuild your toy from the ground up using only rock auto parts you might be in the running along with several thousand others to be featured on a magnet. Rock Auto’s prices a often good but many times shipping will negate any savings. At least with Amazon you get free returns if not satisfied. Rock Auto return is on your dime.

I’m not promoting Amazon over rock auto but having used both for years I think across the board Amazon is cheaper.

Your wrong in this case Fred, you need RockAuto for reference before you go to Amazon, that's the savings. Try to find a part just using Amazon and you are screwed! So RockAuto rules in many ways.

I don't know about that. My radiator of choice at Rock Auto is 279. At Amazon its 386. Or I can buy it on eBay for 292 with free shipping and free returns. But I would buy it from Summit Racing. There it's 282 with free shipping and since they have warehouses all over the country, they are fast. 

I find you guys a lot of parts. I always post the best price I can find and that means searching in lots of places not just a couple. This search took me all of 5 minutes including writing this post

Linda S

36 minutes ago, Gary_M said:

Your wrong in this case Fred, you need RockAuto for reference before you go to Amazon, that's the savings. Try to find a part just using Amazon and you are screwed! So RockAuto rules in many ways.

In prior posts about rock auto I mentioned what a great data base they had. I get the part # from rock, then google it. Amazon is usually first up.

1 minute ago, fred heath said:

In prior posts about rock auto I mentioned what a great data base they had. I get the part # from rock, then google it. Amazon is usually first up.

👍👍

That's what I do! We'll now we know just ping Linda and we'd know the best price. 😆

31 minutes ago, linda s said:

I don't know about that. My radiator of choice at Rock Auto is 279. At Amazon its 386. Or I can buy it on eBay for 292 with free shipping and free returns. But I would buy it from Summit Racing. There it's 282 with free shipping and since they have warehouses all over the country, they are fast. 

I find you guys a lot of parts. I always post the best price I can find and that means searching in lots of places not just a couple. This search took me all of 5 minutes including writing this post

Linda S

I went to rock for radiator (cheap) for 1987 Toyota pickup. Selected an OSC945 as it appears to be a common number. All shipping to zip 27603. Rock auto with shipping $109.78, Amazon $99.99 free shipping and free returns, Summit $109.99 free shipping and believe it or not Walmart $99.99 with free shipping. What I didn’t research was return policy. Amazon is free. Not sure about the others. Amazon the winner on this order.

Linda, you’re amazing and you know that. Most knowledgeable person on this forum. My observation is not intended to be an attack on your ability to find parts. I grab the PN from rock and let google do the rest.

Well that was my point. Searching thoroughly will save you money every time. If that was what I was looking for I would have got the Walmart one.

If it's an item you can have sent to your local store you can also return it to that store. 

Linda S