Replacing exhaust system on 86' Toyota Sunrader

Howdy friends!

On our trip to Mexico last winter the Sunrader ran great with almost no issues until the last day of our 3ish month trip when part of the exhaust pipe rusted through and broke. The whole exhaust system is pretty rusty and it looks like it wouldn't be a bad idea to just replace the whole thing. I'm curious if anyone has replaced their exhaust system and knows whether it is a stock Toyota Pickup system or if it was customized to fit the motorhome. It seems within my abilities to replace the exhaust system if I can get my hands on the right parts, if not it might be best just to take it to a muffler/auto shop and see what they say about it? My only hesitation with that is there isn't a good shop very nearby and I won't have time to bring it in any time soon. Any experience, advice or input is welcomed and appreciated. 

Cheers!

-Ernie

Too bad you didn't get it done in Mexico.  Good mechanics there and super cheap. The stock system needs to have an extention pipe added either after muffler or between muffler and catalytic converter to make it long enough. Be aware that if they insist on replacing the converter new ones in California cost thousands.  Way more that the old California ones and they were expensive.  Please don't go to Midas. Iflyfish was lucky. I have heard so many complaints about overpricing and shoddy work. Find a small independent shop. They stay in business by word of mouth so good work is a must. 

Linda S 

Mine isn’t fully installed yet, but looked like everything was going to bolt right up. The instructions actually stated that it fit all Toyota pickup wheelbases.  I will try to get some pictures or make a scan of the directions. I probably will finish the install this weekend. Head over and have a read, comment there. I will keep it updated.