1993 Seabreeze (And Others) Scam Report

Gulfstream Greg

Over on the Yahoo Toyota Campers group there was a report of a scam involving the sale of a 1993 Seabreeze at an can't pass it up price. I have made contact with this individuals).

Here are the emails I received while corresponding with the individual selling a 1993 Toyota Seabreeze on craigslist. It is definitely a scam. The same scam has been reported here http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/347/RipOff0347518.htm

I have also forwarded this information on to eBay Law Enforcement.

Below is a reprint of the email correspondence I have had.

Hello and thank you for your e-mail.

This is the second time when I am trying to sell my Toyota. First time I tried eBay,cause i am using their services since 2003.Because all the time I use only 100% safe methods I sent the camper through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska.I paid all the shipping fees from my own pocket and when eBay have requested the payment the buyer have refused to pay because his loan had been rejected.I don't know what else I can say now... I am really upset with the situation.I don't have time to waste with another auction or anything else. We can have this done via eBay,cause the camper is still in theirs custody.

1993 Toyota SeaBreeze Motorhome, V-6 engine in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title ready to be signed and notarized.

56,066 miles,21 feet,Motorized class C,

VIN#:JT5VN94T1P0030159.

eBay will keep us safe and i will not be worried, and i guess that you won't be worried either.

The price ($4.800.00) includes all the taxes and fees, therefore you don't have to worry about anything of this matter. The delivery will be completed in max 2-3 days.

Should you find that my toyota is not as I've described it, you can return it to me on my expense. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.You can see the pictures and more details here: http://picasaweb.google.com/erpechere/Pics...D-zNw#slideshow

Let me know if you are still interested.

Hi again,

The camper is already at the shipping company in San Jose,CA ,sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you,this is the reason why I chose to sell my camper over the internet. According with the eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the camper to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:

- Full Name

- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.

3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will show you the details on how to make a refundable payment.

4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the camper to you. After you receive the vehicle you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to do. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.

5. If you will decide that you will not buy the camper, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my Toyota.Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Best Regards,

Eddie Imondi.

what name for the papers? ,I am not in san jose I will ship!

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM, XXXXXXXXXXX

wrote:

OK,G.P.

Harbustan116 aptos beach drive, aptos ca 95003, phone 831 688 9231 ext 15 no

need for shipping can save you money because I am 20 minuets from San Jose will

pick up.Greg

motorsLogo_170x35.gif Verified Member Profile

shim.gif

eBay Member: Eddie Imondi
shim.gif shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifAn eBay Member in good standing

since 05-02-2003.

shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifbu_mag20x20.gifIdentity and/or Contact Information Verified.shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifbu_red20x20.gifContinues to meet strict Membership Criteria.shim.gifshim.gifbu_dispute20x20.gifCommitted to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.shim.gifshim.gifbu_dollar20x20.gifPurchase Protection

Coverage up to $20,000

shim.gifshim.gif
Case ID: 4507874176
shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifBuy with confidence on eBay Motors! eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection program protects your vehicle purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation.

shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifbu_contact_23x17.gif Registered e-mail address: erpechere@gmail.comshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gif

Vehicle Purchase Protection
imgBkBllt_4x4.gif Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $20,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation.
imgBkBllt_4x4.gif The program covers cars, trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, boats, watercraft, off-road vehicles and trailers.
imgBkBllt_4x4.gif Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.
imgFrMotorsLogo_129X34.gif
shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gif imgBarTop_760x24.gifBuy Confidently with our Vehicle Protection Programs

x.gifImgIcons_760x57.gifVehicle Purchase Protection

Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $20,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation.

ImgDot_4x95.gifCondition Guarantee by Seller

Provides added confidence that the vehicle's condition is accurately described and protects you if it is significantly different.

ImgDot_4x95.gifExtended Warranty

Protect your vehicle from unexpected repair bills.

imgBarBot_760x24.gif
The Seller has selected Vehicle Purchase Protection in this transaction
Buyer Greg Paul Harbustan should feel confident purchasing from eBay Member Eddie Imondi. eBay Member Eddie Imondi has been verified by eBay Safeharbor Team and is committed to customer satisfaction and resolving disputes via mediation.

x.gifx.gifx.gifx.gifx.gif Vehicle Purchase Protection | Overviewx.gifx.gifx.gifshim.gif The Vehicle Purchase Protection program protects your vehicle purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation. This program is provided by eBay Motors for FREE on all eligible transactions completed on eBay Motors. There's no sign-up, opt-in, or registration necessary.
The following types of fraud and material misrepresentation are covered:
  • Paying for a vehicle and never receiving it;
  • Sending a deposit for a vehicle and never receiving the vehicle;
  • Paying for and receiving a vehicle:
    • that was a stolen vehicle at the time of the transaction;
    • with an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title;
    • of a make and/or model that is different than what was described in the seller's listing;
    • without receiving the title for that vehicle from the seller, if it is impossible for you to obtain a title from the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles;
    • whose title is subject to an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage title brand at the time of the sale;
    • with a model year that is different than the model year described in the seller's listing;
    • with an odometer reading that is different than the odometer reading described in the seller's listing
Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

x.gifx.gifx.gifx.gifx.gif Payment Instructionsx.gifx.gifx.gifshim.gif Payment must be submitted via Money Gram.If you are not familiarized with Money Gram Transfer services please visit: www.moneygram.com

bu_blue_13x13.gif Pay for the transfer with cash at a local Money Gram agent. Money Gram Agent locations are independent businesses that provide money transfer service to their customers on behalf of Money Gram. In the United States, Money Gram Agents are primarily retail locations - grocery stores, check-cashers, mail box centers, drug stores, travel agencies and depots and other retail locations.Independent Money Gram Agents may impose different limitations on the maximum amount that can be submitted per day. For this reason, in case of a larger amount to be sent, we recommend that you go to more than one agent and submit the total sum in separate transfers.bu_blue_13x13.gifClick here to locate the agents in your area.

x.gifx.gifx.gifx.gifx.gif Purchase protection and refundx.gifx.gifx.gifshim.gif Transactions with this seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety this account was locked today, for a 30 days time period. The Seller is unable to withdraw any money from it within this period. Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your sole discretion. Refund requests are processed within 48 hours.

x.gifx.gifx.gifx.gifx.gif Purchase Protection Coveragex.gifx.gifx.gifshim.gif Here are the situations suitable for a refund request: • If the vehicle doesn't arrive and/or the seller stops communication after the payment is received; • If the vehicle you receive is clearly different from what you purchased in a way that significantly affects its value or utility. (The eBay Claims Administrator makes this determination in its sole discretion and may require you to provide a written statement from a qualified appraiser, at eBay's sole discretion);
• If your vehicle arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day)
Sincerely,

Howard Marshall

eBay Motors Financial Department

Eddie Imondi Selling Standards
shim.gifshim.gifcheck_blue.gifshim.gifDisclose pricing, shipping and return policies in a clear and accurate mannershim.gifshim.gifshim.gifcheck_blue.gifshim.gifDisclose contact information, if requested to do so by a buyershim.gifshim.gifcheck_blue.gifshim.gifRespond to disputes filed and participates in mediation, if buyer requestsshim.gifshim.gifcheck_blue.gifshim.gifCommits to meeting eBay Motors Standardsshim.gifshim.gifshim.gifshim.gif

s.gif

imgReFootLeft_10x55.gifs.gifCopyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

hdrLeft_13x39.gif eBay Motors Purchase Invoice # 4507874176hdrRight_90x39.gifs.gif
bu_dispute20x20.gif eBay member Eddie Imondi started a new transaction through eBay
bu_mag20x20.gif We have verified all the details of this transaction and concluded that they are accurate. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely. Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.
s.gifs.gif
s.gif
Payment must be submitted via Money Gram Transfer
If you are not familiarized with Money Gram Transfer services please visit: www.moneygram.com

Name:Seller:Eddie ImondiAddress:3704 Fairground Road

Montgomery, AL 36117

United States s.gif Name:Buyer:Greg Paul HarbustanAddress:G.P. Harbustan

116 Aptos Beach Drive,

Aptos, CA 95003

United States Total Amount:

US $4,800.00
Deposit :US $0.00Subtotal :US $4,800.00 s.gif squares.gifTRANSACTION DETAILS

s.gifs.gif

•Transaction Date: November 05, 2008

•Case ID: 4507874176

•Item Description: 1993 Toyota SeaBreeze Motorhome,V-6 engine

•Sale price: US $4,800.00

•Quantity: 1

•Shipping and handling: Check with seller

•Insurance: Offered

•Seller ships to:*Please check the details for an accurate delivery in order to avoid delays:G.P. Harbustan

116 Aptos Beach Drive,

Aptos, CA 95003

United States s.gifs.gifs.gif

s.gifs.gif s.gif

s.gif

How to make payment

bu_red20x20.gif
Click below to find the nearest Money Gram office
bu_red20x20.gif
bu_red20x20.gif
Submit payment using the ebay agent's details as payment details
Send a fax to eBay with the following information:
icon-hprn_arrow.gif
icon-hprn_arrow.gif
Reference number
Sender's Name and Address
icon-hprn_arrow.gif
Receiver's Name and Address
icon-hprn_arrow.gif
Amount
We strongly recommend that you also fax the Money Gram payment receipt to our Central Fax Number: +1 (831) 854-9523 or +1 (941) 827-4842
IMPORTANT
For security reasons please DO NOT submit the payment details to the Seller or any other unauthorized person/corporation.
s.gif • The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.• Seller is authorized to ship only after eBay verifies good funds.• Upon payment verification, the seller is authorized to ship the vehicle and submit tracking information.s.gif s.gif

moneygram-logo.gif

arrow_black.gifFind Agent Locations.gif

s.gif

s.gif squares.gif HERE IS THE INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT PAYMENT

s.gifs.gifs.gif First Name: Edward

s.gifs.gif Last Name: Levin

s.gif

Address: s.gif Street
City\State
Zip Code
Country

2145 Hamilton Avenue San Jose\CA 95125

United Statess.gif

s.gif • When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than three hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise. The seller has three business days to send the buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer. • Buyer receives the merchandise and has three days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the Seller within three business days. • After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Motors Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the merchandise is accepted, eBay submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days. s.gif

imgReFootLeft_10x55.gifs.gifCopyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy. s.gifimgReFootRight_10x55.gifs.gif

Interesting read.

RV's are obviously a good product to try and scam, because one of their main targets are retirees. Most scams today revolve around "official" looking documents or something that seems very well regulated such as ebay. Many are still new to the internet and fall easy targets to phishing or other email scams. My mother-in-law being one such victim in our immediate circle.

What happened after you notified seller that you could pick the car up in SanJose? Did the scammer then send you all that info about his credibility etc? And did he send you those ebay credentials as an email or a link to his seller profile etc? I don't see his written response. One thing to note is his first email clearly shows that English is his second language. Not that this is any indication that this is a scam, but a lot of scams involve ppl from far away lands/countries.

One thing to really be on the look out for is phishing. Here the scammer sets up a page that looks exactly like ebay or an email, but is a fake. The site/email looks identical to ebay or whatever else he is trying to spoof. Victims feel safe in these familiar surroundings and end up handing over credit card numbers as well as being subject to other scams.

What happened after you notified seller that you could pick the car up in SanJose? Did the scammer then send you all that info about his credibility etc? And did he send you those ebay credentials as an email or a link to his seller profile etc? I don't see his written response.

I mentioned a couple of times that I was near San Jose and could come see it and also that he can save shipping costs because I can do local pick up but he just falls back to its packaged for shipping and he will ship after payment.

Also I am in contact with him using a second email address as a second party and all the replies from him are almost identical. And there is no mention that there is another buyer.

Greg He is working the scam on Craigs List in Seattle. Three ads almost in a row.I"ve seen them before but never that many at one time. He must be getting desparate now more people are on to him/them. I am going to get ahold of C.L. and see if they can stop this. Steve.

Greg He is working the scam on Craigs List in Seattle. Three ads almost in a row.I"ve seen them before but never that many at one time. He must be getting desparate now more people are on to him/them. I am going to get ahold of C.L. and see if they can stop this. Steve.

Here is a cool program for craigs list. http://www,craigspal,com you can search the whole world at one time or several cities states etc. Any how the scammers are posting this ad in Guam, Hawaii and several states. The text in this scam http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/347/RipOff0347518.htm is identical to the seabreeze except that it is a motorcycle being advertised. I will start doing some searching and see if I can dig up some more.

Hello everyone....I just want to thank you for posting this scam....I was about to be a victim....I

have been emailing this person and have received the EXACT documentation and emails Greg posted.

I saw the add on the St. Louis, MO Craigslist last weekend....I was in the process of getting my

payment together.....

Thanks again for your post....please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help catch these

people as posting like this is new to me....I just registered so I could thank you...take care.

That pales besides all the other scams. My son is a professional photographer. He bid on a two day out of state job on Craig's list. They offered to pay airfare. They sent him a check for three times the contract and told him to send them the change. It was obvious that the check was home made.

Another friend answered one of those e-mail scams. They sent him a check. When he went to cash it, the bank made him close his account and leave the bank.

These people sometimes just want to get your bank account number. It's how terrorist move money. Homeland security is involved in monitoring these.

• 1 month later...

be VERY wary and careful about ANY moneygram transaction... a member of the jeepforum i was part of was scammed out of 3000 dollars because a crooked seller wanted "proof of funds" and told the guy that if he just put 3k in moneygram and sent a fax of the receipt then he would move fwd with selling to him... when he did just that.. the scammer took info off of the receipt and used it to withdraw all 3 thousand dollars from the gullible buyers moneygram account.

POOF*

3 thousand dollars GONE just like that.

no way of prosecuting...

these scammers sit on the beach in foreign countries where they know that USA cant prosecute, or extradite...

im sure 3 thousand dollars can buy a lot of mixed drinks...

be smart people...

dont give anyone ANY access to your account info...

probably not a good idea to buy anything sight unseen unless you have paypal buyer protection...

• 3 weeks later...

THE SEA BREEZE SCAMMER IS BACK!

CHECKED OUT PORTLAND ORE. CL SITE AND THERE WERE TWO ADS ONE AFTER THE OTHER.

V6/56K MILES/TOYOTA SEABREEZE 21' MOTORHOME $4820 USA

NEXT

1993 TOYOTA MOTOR HOME $4799 USA

THE PICTURE IS SEVERLY CROPPED.I THINK IT IS ONE OF THE OLD ONES.SAME PIC BOTH ADS.

STEVE.

P.S.REPORTED IT ON YAHOO AND SOMEONE CHECKED AND THEY WERE ON 50 DIFFERENT SIGHTS.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess what...................Same scammer in Knoxville Tn. As soon as he sent me the first letter I knew it was a scam not to mention the fact that i had seen those pic before on ebay ( he must have stole them or tried the scam there too). Anyway, I emailed him back and told him that people looking on craigs list knew better then to send money before seeing the camper and that we are updated all the time to scammers like him. It makes me soooo mad. As hard as people are having it right now and then to have these vulchers out there. GRRRRRR

Cathy

P.S. He deleted the add the next day!

• 3 weeks later...
I mentioned a couple of times that I was near San Jose and could come see it and also that he can save shipping costs because I can do local pick up but he just falls back to its packaged for shipping and he will ship after payment.

Also I am in contact with him using a second email address as a second party and all the replies from him are almost identical. And there is no mention that there is another buyer.

He was on SF Bay Area a couple days ago. He puts the ad up for about a day then goes through the replies one by one as he replied to me after it was taken down...probably so he doesn't get flagged. Same name, Eddie. He said he was dealing through Auto Trader, you give the $ to them. Wonder how many people have sent him the $. Says he is working in another stae and has to ship rig from a different state.

I said "I think I'll pass..."

Annie

More creepy than this was a guy with an email address "friskoballer" that didn't display on the reply. Wanted to deal only by e-mail, no name/phone. When I said I wasn't going to come out there without talking to a live person on the phone, he stopped replies. Also, he some how replied by-passing my spamblocker which I usually have to clear for Craigslist replies. Be careful, girlfriend...

Annie

• 4 weeks later...

I believe this is the same vehicle that I was involved with back in the summer of 08. Basically the same line of bull and the same pictures. That time it was posted on San Luis Obispo's (I think) Craigslist and the price was around $13,000 because of it's mileage. I smelled a rat simply because of his English structure. He was willing to meet me or drive it down to me (he was "going my way") if....... Again, too bad there's no way to post such things on cl or on zzstar.com. I got myself kicked off of zzstar by posting a warning about a scammer that got my daughter because "I was trying to discredit him, and while I may be correct, that is not allowed". Beware!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ran across the same scam involving a Hyundai Santa Fe. A women going through a divorce but the auto was elsewhere and would be shipped and eBay Motors would handle the transaction. After I gave her my info as Federal B Investigation and my phone number and address of the FBI in San Fran and I told her we were looking for cheap autos for resale and offering free all expense paid vacations at an exclusive resort as an incentive to find us some more cars, I never heard back from them. Oh well. :buttwiggle:

• 4 months later...

I recently ran across the same scam involving a Hyundai Santa Fe. A women going through a divorce but the auto was elsewhere and would be shipped and eBay Motors would handle the transaction. After I gave her my info as Federal B Investigation and my phone number and address of the FBI in San Fran and I told her we were looking for cheap autos for resale and offering free all expense paid vacations at an exclusive resort as an incentive to find us some more cars, I never heard back from them. Oh well. butwiggle[1].gif

Good read, We saw/corresponded with a *very* similar individual about an '89 Sunrader that was listed on an RV classified site. A couple emails in I told my wife to stop corresponding with the individual as it was a scam. Right off the bat some of the language used raised red flags for me, then the whole deal with ebay motors, the vehicle being shipped and the owner being out of town were just too fishy for my tastes. Bottom line: IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS

If you have some time on your hands, this site is pretty entertaining http://www.419eater.com/

• 8 months later...

I can't even begin to thank you for this scam alert. It was running on Craigslist for the Saginaw, Mi area. I sent the guy and email and he responded telling me that the unit was in the DAS Terminal in Miami, FL. I wanted this unit sooooo bad and didn't want to believe anyone would be so cruel. I'm so glad I took a step back and located this Scam Alert. Once again, thank you from an older person. The bad part is, now I reaaly would love to find and buy one of these units. It would be the perfect size for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been posting these '93 Toyota Seabreeze scammer ads on several Yahoo groups for the last couple of months in hopes that we could flag him into oblivion. He keeps coming up with more ads! They did disappear for a couple of weeks but... this scam must be lucrative!

Randy

I've been posting these '93 Toyota Seabreeze scammer ads on several Yahoo groups for the last couple of months in hopes that we could flag him into oblivion. He keeps coming up with more ads! They did disappear for a couple of weeks but... this scam must be lucrative!

Randy

Randy

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/rvs/1728307307.html

Look familiar?

Ya, its the same Seabreeze used in the original scam back in 2008. Big question is, is Law Enforcement that stupid and lame that the guy isn't in jail by now. Someone has their head up their #@@ (3 letter word).

The image is being hosted here http://dizzydentfilms.com/images/22seeabreze11.jpg no dought dizzydentfilms has been hacked into to host the image.

22seeabreze11.jpg

Yes, I know! I sent an email to DizzyDent Films explaining it to them but the file is still hosted there!

• 2 months later...

Craigslist is great, as long as you follow the ironclad rule. Always always always inspect the item in person. Always. CL led me to my latest purchase, a 1991 Toyota Winnabago Warrior. 44K miles one owner amazing shape. Been wanting one for awhile, and am looking forward to our first trip in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have recently seen the same scam with cars, tractors, motorcycles. Always the same deal, crated and ready to ship and the seller is not where the vehicle is so it can't be shown. And the price is always too good to be true. I think Craigslist is unable to stop it. I wonder how many have fallen for the scam and actually sent money?

• 3 months later...

This Scammer(s) uses a computer program to post listings to craigs list all over the united states. I've seen the same listing in 100 of cities, they pop up faster than you can mark them as SPAM.

To counter this, Craigs List has a neat little program "CraigsPal" (Free or Pay version) that I use to search craigs list. I can search any city, any state,any country, or any combination, any item, any price, any keyword(s) :bleh:

Goto www.craigspal.com and download the program.

To find this particular "SeaBreeze" SCAM, I enter the following into CraigsPal (free)

Keywords = "SeaBreeze"
Location = united states
Categories = For Sale > recreational vehicles
Options = Search only titles
Options = Price 2000 to 3000 (This scammer likes 2400 - 2500
Misc = leave at 0 for both items

Click Start

At the bottom of the Results window, you'll see the progress of the search
In the results window, you'll see the the results, you can sort these by clicking on the column header. I like to sort by Price, that way I can see the obvious SCAMs all around 2400.

Click on the item and it will pop up in CraigsPal Browser window. From there you can click the "spam/overpost" to mark this item.

When you mark the listing, a message will pop up in your normal browser say "Thanks for posting"

If your bored, you I see this SCAM run on Trailers and cars. The SCAM becomes obvious when you see the number of identical listing across the entire US all with the same or very similar price.

Good Luck and Good hunting.

John Mc
88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 8 months later...

This has been posted on Craigs out here in Va too. It is a very common scam for all kinds of things. Most resent other I saw was for a almost new Suzuki Burgman for 1800.00 the bike was well worth over 4000.00. I see these all the time for boats, , bikes, cars, trucks, and RVs. Anything that looks way to good to be true is probably a scam. I see them using the I am military and currently deployed in wherever, and the whole packaged for shippng at a port somewhere just sent a moneygram. SAD thing is they must be bringing in some bank because they keep on posting. The recent Burgman I saw was listed in DC, Richmond, Raleigh, Charlotte, Ashevlle and I even found it on Atlanta Craigs. Craigs should be doing a lot more to warm people about these scams.. RULE never ever moneygram to someone you do not personally know..