Cab Touch-Up Paint

Ctgriffi

Anybody know of a spray paint that's a decent match for the original beige cab of a 91 Winnebago Warrior? Not really looking for perfection—probably will just respray the cab completely at some point—but need a decent color match for some small repairs I'm doing. Thanks! :) 

check driver side door jam for color code. 033 or 045 are "white"

4 hours ago, WME said:

check driver side door jam for color code. 033 or 045 are "white"

It does mention Toyota’s 033 there, but the cab is quite beige and matches the fiberglass coach. I’m assuming Winnebago painted the cab possibly?

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very creamy white, for sure, Linda—looks straight-up beige on my rig, but then again the paint is very old and not super-clean. 

Lots of places can mix up Toyota 033 in a spray can, of course... but prices were around $35-40 for a small-single, which I couldn't justify for this repair. So, kept looking for a close-enough match and landed on Krylon Fusion - Gloss Dover White, which I picked up at Ace Hardware. (Another option that folks mention on forums is Duplicolor's Wimbledon White, about $15 for a mini-can.)

IMG_5336.jpeg.ae14d6f67667d392cb4d2b72a25e6059.jpeg

It worked out pretty great, after tons of prep, much sanding, etc. I'm letting the paint cure for awhile, before I try to blend old/new with super fine grit, but the color match is plenty good for an old motorhome. (New paint is much smoother and less orange-peel than what the factory did, too.)

Photos below are the driver's door bottom right corner—one photo at the very start of rust removal and cleaning, then a final result after body filler/high-build primer/top-coat:

IMG_5306.jpeg.73606c1fd6a7c46ceb82d8d00025c775.jpeg

IMG_5316.jpeg.ee6d4828151b614a54fe1c785acc663a.jpeg

Edited by Ctgriffi

Looks great. I painted my front cab with another color I found on this site and it is way off. Way too yellow. At least I got all the places where it was starting to rust covered and protected and it looks better than it did. Just going to do it all over again next spring. I never seem to be able to do things just once.

Linda S