Mid-West Toy-In Oct 3-5 Pictures

bufbooth

Hello All,

The weather was great for the 2008 Mid-West Toy-In, Sunny in low 70s during the day, but it

dipped into the low 40s at night. We had a total of six Toyota Motorhomes and one Toyota

motorhome home owner (Tika) without her Toyota. I was the last motorhome to arrive on

Friday night around 8:30pm in the dark and was greeted by all by flash light. After a few minutes

of discussion it was off to bed, the electric heater got a workout since the temperature dropped

to 42F that night. On Saturday morning as I was making pancakes for my three boys, I heard

a hello Dennis come from behind me and as I turned to look, it was Susan and Gale waving to

me out of their coach window, we chatted for a few minute from coach to coach. As the Toy-Iners

awaked and walked about it naturally became the time to visit each others Toyotas. Everyone

got the nickel tour of each others Toyota along with a story or two. About 11am most of us headed

into Knoxville for the Flea Market and downtown activities. The Booth family (us) went to the

flea market and found a few items, picked up 6 nice punkins and some excellent apple cider.

Also, next to the Flea Market, the BP/Amoco that I ran out of gas at three years ago was now

displaying their "Now Open" sign, but that is another story. We headed into Galesburg and stopped

at Dick Blick Art supply factory and found a few deals there, then off for lunch at the Maid-Rite burger

place for a few Maid-Rites and some Chili. We headed into Galesburg to review the ScareCrow

contest and then right across the street was Knox College and they had a Lincoln Douglas Debate

re-enactment going on. Knox College was the host of the 1858 debate on the side of Knox

College's Old Main building. We took a tour of the building and was allowed to sit in the chair

that Lincoln sat in after their debate. Next we headed back into Knoxville and walked around

the downtown area and did a few garage sales, then back to the campground to get dinner

going. Everyone brought a dish or two to share. I made my famous fireside Chili. I call it

fireside since I made it on the side of the fire. I have a cast iron bucket that I purchased in

2007 at the flea market in Knoxville. The receipt is ad hoc, pretty much what we think of at

the moment in the store (usualy hamburger, beans, tomotos) and somehow any extra noodles

gets tossed it. It was either good or everyone was hungry since the bucket was empty.

After dinner we sat around the fire and talked, had hot apple cider, and Tika had a name that

TV theme song game. I think I got a few strange looks after I answered a few of the early 70s

show songs, by chance last week I was watching various old TV shows on NetFlick, I even got

the McMillian and Wife song correct. We got a few one or two minute sessions of rain in the

early morning, was nice to hear it hit the roof, but by 7am it was clear skys. My dog Scout had

a great breakfast, he got the extra eggs, beacon, and pancakes....no wonder why he likes going

camping. Most of us packed up on Sunday morning, and said our good byes. Two of us stayed

an extra day. The owners of the campground were very nice and accomodating, and like last

year the campground and surrounding grounds were very well kept. Also, we had a couple

folks stop by to inquire about our Toyotas, one of them even stated they were in the market

for one. I plan on hosting a 2009 Toy-In on the same weekend at the same campground. I

recently found out about some more activities in the area, so I will be reseaching those to include

for next year.

The below are some pictures:

post-412-1223352136_thumb.jpg

post-412-1223352160_thumb.jpg

Well, I see we missed a really fun time...bummer. But there's always next year, right? What's not to like....flea market, pumpkins, apple cider, Maid Rites (yummmm!), Lincoln Douglas reenactment, potluck supper and time spent with other Toy owners.......priceless! Even the dog enjoyed himself! We had planned on coming this year, but it didn't work out for us so we will put it on the calendar for next October and hopefully will be able to attend. That part of the midwest is lovely in the fall. Glad the attendance is growing....who knows with everyone wanting one of these little homes on wheels, perhaps there will be so many there next year we have to have the whole campground! Wouldn't that be a hoot! :lol:

Dianne & Charles

& "The Boys" (our dogs that enjoy going anywhere, anytime)

I went to the rally and had a wonderful time, even by myself~~~single! Everything Dennis said about "great folks, comradary and things we did was a great experience! Some of the "Toy models" were we quite unique in how they we're personalized to fit each personality. It was quite educational and rewarding to exchange all the knowledge and experiences we encountered. The location of things to do was unlimited fun and the area was quite diverse to fit everyones interests. Dennis did a fantastic job in organizing this rally as a "A GREAT SUCCESS". So if any of you are out wandering in the territory next year, I seriously recommend you plan on attending :ThumbUp: .

Best to all,

ACE