Hey all, back to working on my 1984 Phoenix. 
I finally got the original floor torn out, and discovered this crazy frame design. I think this is the same as the guy that built the motorcycle mount. 
my question is, do you all think I should reinforce my frame the same way as the other guy? Or do you think I can just build straight onto it as long as I never plan to support more weight than just me and my tent/camping gear? 

D1FDD2AA-4FEB-48F1-A5D3-520F56AA96F0.jpeg

B6AB2ED6-AE3A-47D9-8FF7-285DE28DB962.jpeg

DAC7C562-0656-48BC-81C3-E17CD990D37D.jpeg

I think I'm the motorcycle guy you're speaking of. You gotta love the frame work on these Toy rigs! Just cheap and light enough to work. Are you just rebuilding this as another RV? If I understood your post correctly, you are NOT going to be hauling a motorcycle? If not, you're fine to keep it as is as long as there isn't extensive rust or weld seams separating. That bumper has absolutely no tongue weight storage ability! 

The frame is not very deep. Any triangulation you can do on the ends of the crossbars will be a great help in keeping the ends flat.