Overcab amber markers - none working

wadingthroughlife

Howdy y’all!

I replaced a few cracked Bargman amber covers over the cab of our ‘87 Sunrader, but since buying a few months back, they haven’t lit up. I read that they are all tied in the same line that runs down the whole truck to the rear, but I haven’t really put a meter on anything. I guess I was wondering which order of operations I should take to investigate. I definitely don’t want to bother re-sealing around the markers until they’re all lighting up. 

Thanks!

701DD23E-173F-439B-9903-244BCEAD9B7F.jpeg

first find a good ground- battery neg post- and connect it with a piece of wire to the grounds on the lights and see if they light up.

Well with all of them out it's a supply issue. I'm going to guess that they have their own fused circuit. The logic would be the truck lights were all ready wired before they put a house in it's back. 

3 hours ago, Maineah said:

Well with all of them out it's a supply issue. I'm going to guess that they have their own fused circuit. The logic would be the truck lights were all ready wired before they put a house in it's back. 

Hm.. So I have to try to find where it's going into them somehow. I'd super prefer not to remove the ceiling panel, but I will have to in order to install a solar panel at some point I guess. Maybe this project waits till then.

22 minutes ago, linda s said:

The wires going to the front clearance lights can be found behind the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Not too hard to remove but be careful.

You're not going to find a new cabinet to replace it

Linda S

Noted! 

15 minutes ago, linda s said:

If there's no power there, link wires to front to a 12 volt source and see if they light up. Don't drop any of those wires. I don't know how hard it would be to fish them back out. Tape them to camper wall before you cut anything

Linda S

Where do the wires continue on to, aside from behind the medicine cabinet? To the converter/rear fuse box area? Just thinking about other access points to test on.

It'd be super cool to get these going before replacing the taillight housings with led housings (etrailer slightly shorter replacements and filling the gap with abs panels) and moving onto the stereo/speaker replacement and rear camera.

you could also just use a powered wire from battery and touch the pos side of the light its self. if they all light up its a feed wire from rhe light switch. if it smokes you have a grounded (short)  feed wire

Power starts at rear passenger side taillights. Not from taillights directly but from same wires that supply them. If rear clearance lights and taillights work, the break is somewhere behind upper drivers side cabinets. Front lights must work when you give power or it gets more complicated 

Linda S