Selling my 1984 Sunrader

pokerhelper

This is my 1984 Toyota Sunrader, with only 77,500 miles. I am the third owner. I can't believe I'm selling it, but I really need the money for an emergency situation. I am not interested in trades, or anything other than cash.  I do not need anyone  to sell it for me. These are very hard to find, especially in this condition. The shower, the refrigerator, the air conditioning, the sink, and auxiliary power system all work perfectly.  You literally have all the comforts of home in a very compact and very fuel efficient package.  The small platform in the back is designed to hold a 3000 or 4000 watt generator,  so you can run the interior air conditioning while you are driving!
I use a harbor freight 3k predator inverter generator on the back, it runs everything  great. If you have the honda 4k, even better. There are a few things that need to be fixed, I will explain them in person or over the phone. For serious buyers, I can  fix them for a slight price adjustment, or you can take it as is and fix them yourself.

I leave that option open for you to decide.
It's amazing how convenient this is, you can park it anywhere and sleep without drawing a lot of attention, or having to pay for camping sites.  It will park in your driveway, so you don't have to pay store it each month. It's kind of like being invisible in the neighborhood.  I used it when I stayed on job sites overnight as a contractor, I was my own security and I did not have to take the equipment home. It was nice to wake up and be at work already.  I am also a commercial driver, and it was great to get my DOT rest time in.  It  has a certificate of  non-operation with the DMV so fees are current.
I have clear title, I'm my name, in hand.

I really hate to let this go, but I am in a serious cash crunch right now.  I will respond to initial  text messages,  followed by phone calls only. If you are not willing to call me on the phone, and only want to text, I will not take you seriously.  I am asking $18,500. My name is Cliff, and my phone number is 707-450-8167

Resized_20220604_174942.jpeg

Resized_Polish_20220604_182246050.jpeg

Resized_Polish_20220604_182618798.jpeg

Resized_20220604_174915.jpeg

20220604_175235.jpg

20220604_175252.jpg

20220604_175239.jpg

20220604_174956.jpg

20220604_175118.jpg

20220604_174119.jpg

Edited by pokerhelper
I didnt put the asking price 🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️

Rear axle is a biggy. If only 5 lug nuts on rear drum the axle is unsafe and will need to be upgraded. Even for the sake of argument let’s say you have the 6 lug ff rear axle, your asking price is crazy. With good axle it’s worth maybe $6-8K. $10K if in outstanding condition. I think you’ll be sitting on this for awhile unless you get more realistic on pricing.

And Cliff, your contact requirements strike me as sort of spammy.

Edited by fred heath

His axle is fine. You can see it in his craigslist ad. I know it seems astronomical, but the price is not that far off. 

Could have used some more cleaning up first. Cabinets badly scratched, ripped upholstery. Front seats look like a nice upgrade but the leather needs help. That can be made to look new again. 

I'd say easily 12 to 14 grand. That's Sunraders for you especially in California. 

Linda S

I agree with you Fred. Buyer will not be getting a camper ready to use. Camper looks untouched/ not updated and old. Low miles on the motor means it has been doing a lot of sitting. Good motor with proper upkeep/ maintenance. If motor has been cared for like camper interior it will likely be do for a lot of maintenance; valve cover gasket, oil pump gasket, front main seal, vacuum hoses, coolant hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, fan clutch... No mention of tire age/condition. 

I have less miles on mine. Funny that you think Toyota engines are problematic.  Probably needs some maintenance but to assume it needs major engine work is pointless. I bet he finds a buyer in a week

Linda S 

I am not responding to argue and that is not what I wrote. I stated, "good motor with proper upkeep and maintenance."  The motors are good but need maintenance which I was doubting on that particular camper. I have no doubt the motor will be fine after maintenance is completed. Seller can prove me wrong. The point I was making was very high price and yet not ready for use. I know toyota motors are good; I have 3. My newer toyota's are more reliable with less maintenance however. 

5 hours ago, Scott iv said:

I agree with you Fred. Buyer will not be getting a camper ready to use. Camper looks untouched/ not updated and old. Low miles on the motor means it has been doing a lot of sitting. Good motor with proper upkeep/ maintenance. If motor has been cared for like camper interior it will likely be do for a lot of maintenance; valve cover gasket, oil pump gasket, front main seal, vacuum hoses, coolant hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, fan clutch... No mention of tire age/condition. 

It has never sat for more than 2 weeks unused,  I always took it on short overnighters, drove it around town, and drove it  to the car wash weekly, we have a tree have a tree in the yard that that sprays awful sap 😕  It could use a personal makeover by the new buyer but everything is in pretty good condition overall. I have seen a lot worse condition condition go for what I think is ridiculous, all things considered.  I just put the non op on it  about a month ago, but I can drive down the canal roads to my fishing hole so it gets driven a couple of miles at least weekly even now 🙂

Wow, I sold I sold the sunrader for the full asking price.  If I had more time to find the right person, I could have got a lot more.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised about their value,  If you do want to sell one, don't settle, you can get your price if it makes sense 🙂