Towing motorcycle 160 miles

KonCon

Hi everyone. 

I just bought a used motorcycle and I'm debating different options to get it from Bend, Oregon to Portland. I'm currently in Bend with my 21ft 1987 sunrader that has a hitch installed on the back. I'm wondering if it would work to rent a 8x4 uhaul trailer, put the bike in and tow it back to Portland. There are different routes I could take. Either over the mountain range or all the way up to the Columbia River and along the gorge. The second one would have less of a climb and downhill but either way, there will be hills. The alternative is to come back next week with the other car and pick up the bike. 

Any thoughts on getting the smallest possible trailer and towing it back to Portland with the sunrader? 

Thanks a lot. 

Nico 

Not that far I'm sure you would be fine but I bet U-Haul won't rent you one. They wouldn't rent me a trailer for my Explorer with a V6 and rated to tow 3500 lbs because it was too old. Over 10 years.

Linda S

Thank you Linda and WME. I will go down the uhaul route since I don't have the space at home to store the trailer in case I buy one. It will just be a hazzle. Will check with uhaul if they would rent me the 5x9 trailer. If so I'll do that. If not I'll come back with a different car in a week. 

Thanks again for all your help. 

FYI they don't have the motorcycle trailer here at the moment so unfortunately that's not an option. 

Edited by KonCon