Water heater

I recently bought and moved into a 1992 Dolphin. I'm a 66 year old woman who has retired. Not going to travel too much as I'm broke and the gas prices are exasperating.

Problem: I am currently hooked up to a friends electrical and water systems. We put in the LP and set up the water heater. 

All was well until this morning. I turned on the water heater and waited for the water to heat up. After 10 minutes, the heater went off. No hot water and no heater. When I try to turn on the heater, I get nothing.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Thanks

Terri

A few questions as I don't know where you're coming from; your experience with RV water heaters. When you say turned on and waited 10 min. is it an electric ignition water heater? Did you hear the unit ignite and burn for 10 min and then turn off?  Are you able to light stove burners? 

Your hot water heater runs on propane with an electric start. When you turn the switch on in the coach within a short time (seconds) you would hear the propane flame begin to roar at the water heater. The switch in the coach likely has a light and when you turn it to on the light on the switch turns on; the lighted switch does not mean the water heater is on (I apologize if you know all of this). If your stove burners are not lighting then your water heater will not work either. 1st thing you need to do is look at your propane tank and read the gage; is it still full? 2nd check that the valve at the tank is set to open. 3rd look near the water heater for valves that may be installed in your propane line to turn the propane on and off before the appliance.  If you smell the slightest hint of propane turn off the propane at the tank as you have a leak. The easiest way to test your propane system is by lighting the stove. If the stove lights, then you can move on to your furnace, fridge, and hot water heater.