Alternative Rubber Line Between Fuel Pump Hard Line….

red-ryder

Maybe not the best description….chek out Toyota part # 23091-35050/NoLongerAvailable!
Has anyone experienced a failure of this high-pressure link and succeed at an alternative?

I have not searched ‘history’ on this subject….

thanx red

I thought your rig was an 86. The part your showing is for 87 and up. The 86 just has a tiny tube held on with hose clamps

Part image

See that tiny hose? Toyota still makes them for less than 2 dollars. If yours is the newer one that your showing the metal ends are still there, right. Get some fuel line hose from an auto parts store and attach it to the old metal connecters with hose clamps.  Fuel pressure at the pump is a little over 40 psi. Hose clamps can more than handle that

Linda S

is this for a carb 22R engine . fuel pressure is much much lower then   the 22REC  which is efi which do you have. with efi you must use high pressure fuel hose and special clamps.

Edited by 5Toyota

Huge difference in fuel pressure by a factor of 10 between EFI and carburetor be sure of what you have before replacing fuel lines.

Well the part he needs is this one. Discontinued by Toyota and I couldn't find an alternative until now. Thank goodness for Yotashop

Fuel Pump Tube- Toyota 4Runner & Pickup Truck 22RE & 3.0L 3VZE Fuel Tank to Body Fuel Line (1986-1995) 23091-35020 (yotashop.com)

RedRyder I hope you see this. I know it's kind of expensive but I also know you want your Sunrader fixed correctly.

Linda S

that other one with the loop on one end is the front one frame over to the gas filter . which on the 4 cylinders is under the intake bolted too the side of the block. areal fun place to get at.   my son had a workmate had a 4 runner with a gas leak .   up at the frame. it burned up engine fire not a good thing. using the wrong fuel line can burst and do the same thing.

Edited by 5Toyota

funny. at one time toyota said the fuel filter never needed replacement. don't know how many only problem was a clogged filter.  maybe they had better gas.  for the trucks that came in regularly, i would move the filter to the fenderwell making the filter change cheeper for the customer

i think the six did have the filter in a better place . how do you move the gas filter from under the EFI manifold. on the 22REC. i had one 87 22R carb truck that filter was inside the rear fender. but that was all common low preasure line plastic filter .

Edited by 5Toyota

• 5 months later...

If the pump is in the tank what comes out is in the 45-50 PSI + range So any filter should or will be metal. A great portion of the fuel is returned to the tank. The system is Bosch designed. A good hint is the "E", that is German for "Einspritz" as in 22R"E" So rubber line and such (plastic filters) should not be used anywhere. Return lines have very little pressure so that is not an issue it is what the engine did not use. Back in the day I taught fuel injection for Bosch my first question following problem issues "what is the fuel pressure?" Plenty of fuel was not a good answer 40PSI+ or the such was a start.