1979 Toyota Mirage

Thomas1975

Hello Guys,

my name is Thomas ( my English is Bad  i am from Germany, sorry for that : ). I found on  Ebay this 1979 Toyota Mirage and i will buy it. Can you guys help me and tell me what

i need to look out for? I have absolut no experience with Toyota and Motorhomes :).

here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165440198635?hash=item26850117eb:g:Dj0AAOSwattiByko

Thanks for help!!!

Thomas

It does look very clean for the age but don't buy it. The main thing you need to look out for is an upgraded axle. The old type that this one has was recalled and never fixed on this motorhome. It's dangerous. 

Linda S

It’s clean, but way overpriced. The axle swap alone could be as much as $4K. I’d offer at most $5K as it sits.

I was under the impression he is a German national living in the U.S.

The motorhome is in California. Cost to ship to Germany would be exorbitant.

32 minutes ago, john*thomas said:

The question to me is whether or not you could source an axle in Germany. I would bet it might bring that kind of money it's so clean IF it had the upgraded rear axle. 

Thank you guys for help! Hmm the axl is a problem, the import to Germany is not so expensive as you guys think ( It cost round about 2 grands ).Shit i like the car so much, is an Axl swap so complicated?  ( I have a Chevy C30  Dually axl, a ten Bolt  and a 12 Bolt at home, the axl tubes shortening is not a Big Deal )

Thomas