Yeppers PT.2

WME

OK so Brownie didn't do it for you, how about newer 4wd, diesel Toyota camper??

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-toyota-hilux-galaxy-camper/

I wonder what the final bid is going to be on that. Really clean looking rig. Im sure it being a rhd 4x4...diesel...hilux is going to send the bids sky high on top of it being a toyhome.

I wonder sometimes why we didnt get as cool of trucks as other parts of the world, to stick a camper on.

There are a couple of importers who have been bringing these rigs in from Japan as soon as they were old enough to import, 25 years. Yes they look great. Yuck they are right hand drive. Super yuck all parts will need to be shipped from Japan and you'd better be a diesel mechanic. I know of a number of people who sold them at a loss because they couldn't find anyone who would work on them. The secret biggy, 96 horsepower. For less than half the cost you could convert your rig to a 3.4 and have a race car compared to these diesels. 

Linda S

One more thing I just noticed. It has rear dually wheels but doesn't have a full float axle. Say what? I thought these rigs used Hino axles but apparently not. They have foolies

The rear axle appears to be the standard 5 lug GO82 based on differential case.

These axles are considered quite strong and only have problems when the extra set of rear wheels are added.

I wonder how long it will be before one snaps off? No recourse against the manufacturer. Could be a very expensive purchase.