Yepers, you NEED this

WME

I'm with you WME. This is about the cleanest Chinook (all the way through) that I have ever seen (except Nolan's, which are essentially are hot rod sleds)

That being said,...

I noticed this comment below the offering: " sold on BaT, sold again, and now being auctioned again, all within 3 years".

I wonder why?

Also, for us California types, trying to get smog on this stuff can be a mechanical and DMV nightmare.

Not sure I could drive something that loud for hours, but it did seem to pull admirably uphill in 5th gear at about 1:58 in the driving video !

Cool vintage air-conditioner. Already up to $15K....good thing I'm poor... Hmmmm, lotto ticket, y'say?

BR,

TG

I did some digging. What do you think the odds of there being 2 Root beer brown Hot rodded 4wd Chinooks in the US?   I can't definitely say it's Nolan's, but it originally came from Dalles Or.😛  

Yes it's Nolan's. Still breaks my heart that my friend died and I didn't find out for so long. So many unanswered emails. That's the reason I saved the Chinook yahoo group on IO groups because I couldn't get in touch with him.  I guess that's my tribute to him and this rig is the one on our homepage. I'd buy this baby in a minute if I had the money no matter what the price.

Linda S

Well, I looked at the comments and there was a comment from NH1 who says he built that Chinook. Maybe Nolan's not dead. He says he still owns Blew the other one he built but Blew was for sale and I talked to the guy who was selling it. I was trying to find out what happened to Nolan. He didn't have any information and said he was selling it as an abandoned vehicle cause it was a storage lot. I left a comment on BAT asking NH1 to message me here. WTF

Linda S

Hello Linda, I'm still kicking, Life changes and other things kinda steered me away from the Chinook life so I ended up selling Brownie, regretted it but its done.  I still had Blew but hadn't touched it in nearly 5 years then I finally sold it, it ended up in Colorado for a while then just recently it was sold again to a lady in Maine.  I lost interest in the motorhomes, building, working on them ect.  so I just faded away.  I'm glad the old timers are still enjoying their toys, and the group is still going strong.

Nolan

I am so glad to hear from you. Kind of shocked you sold your amazing vehicles though. I saved the Chinook group that used to be on yahoo so some of the very old files didn't get lost. On IO groups now. Not real active but we have helped quite a few Chinook owners fix their rigs. For our other members Google Brownie and Blew Chinook and see the amazing rigs this man built. My Toyota guru, Quadlight

Thank you for responding.  So glad your still kicking 

Linda S 

Bid to $40,000 reserve not met.

I don't think this Chinook is going to need a lot of mechanical work anytime soon. It was virtually brand new in 1991 when Nolan built it and has only had around 6000 miles put on it. The problem with this sale is it's been up for sale too many times. People buying it just for profit and flipping it too often has lowered the value. It's a collector vehicle. Hard to justify someone paying 200 grand for a Camero but people do. Not to mention people have paid way more for a Sunrader 4x4 in not perfect condition. 

Linda S

Transaxle gear must match the differential. Only one 4x4 Nissan will work. 86 to 89 4x4 v6 king cab. Rare as hens teeth. Also body is different. Front fender different shape and don't think they could be added to regular truck. No real options to go big wheel anyway so it probably doesn't matter. I had a friend with a Shorty Sunrader who tried really hard to convert it to 4x4 with no luck. Even the Nissan sites all say no and that's with regular trucks, not RV's

Linda S

On 5/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, linda s said:

Transaxle gear must match the differential. Only one 4x4 Nissan will work. 86 to 89 4x4 v6 king cab. Rare as hens teeth. Also body is different. Front fender different shape and don't think they could be added to regular truck. No real options to go big wheel anyway so it probably doesn't matter. I had a friend with a Shorty Sunrader who tried really hard to convert it to 4x4 with no luck. Even the Nissan sites all say no and that's with regular trucks, not RV's

Linda S

Interesting information but in reality I don't plan on going anywhere I would need 4X4. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:08 AM, linda s said:

I am so glad to hear from you. Kind of shocked you sold your amazing vehicles though. I saved the Chinook group that used to be on yahoo so some of the very old files didn't get lost. On IO groups now. Not real active but we have helped quite a few Chinook owners fix their rigs. For our other members Google Brownie and Blew Chinook and see the amazing rigs this man built. My Toyota guru, Quadlight

Thank you for responding.  So glad your still kicking 

Linda S 

where can i get a copy of those yahoo groups files for the facebook chinook folk?  still running my 78 chinook newport but it is laid up with a bad fuel pump and i have a bad back.  phil venture    email: rufos_adventure@yahoo.com