Grey or Black Water Tank for Shower in 21’ Sunrader

Jinx0610

I’ve seen online, in this forum and elsewhere, that the 18’ Sunrader’s shower empties into the black water tank. Would anyone know if this is the case for the 21’ Sunrader? I just came into possession of a pretty good 1986 Sunrader but the black water tank is cracked. I want to install a composting toilet and just forget about the tank, but now I’m concerned about the shower. 

if anyone at all knows how I can get my hands on a plumbing schematic, please feel free to share as well. 

Mine is the same, 21 foot rear bath/kitchen (1985).  Bathroom toilet, sink and shower all go to black water tank.  The only thing that goes to grey water tank is the kitchen sink (which seems like an awful big tank for just one sink).

I would suspect yours is similar...it's easy to test - open the grey water dump valve and run water down each sink/drain...you should be able to see where it's going pretty easily.

Edited by Legobusier

Jinx since it seems your black tank does take the shower water best case is to fix the crack. It can be done even big cracks. ABS is so easy to fix.

Legobusier I see a past post there you say your waste tanks are polyurethane. If so they could not be original tanks. All Sunrader waste tanks were ABS. Only the fresh water tank is poly. Grey and black should also look about the same size. 11 gallons for black and 12 for grey

Jinx see if you can post a pic of the crack in your tank. I have posted many times here that the whole side of my black tank broke. I repaired it and it still works perfect like 13 years later

Linda S

1 hour ago, linda s said:

Jinx since it seems your black tank does take the shower water best case is to fix the crack. It can be done even big cracks. ABS is so easy to fix.

Legobusier I see a past post there you say your waste tanks are polyurethane. If so they could not be original tanks. All Sunrader waste tanks were ABS. Only the fresh water tank is poly. Grey and black should also look about the same size. 11 gallons for black and 12 for grey

Jinx see if you can post a pic of the crack in your tank. I have posted many times here that the whole side of my black tank broke. I repaired it and it still works perfect like 13 years later

Linda S

I don’t recall saying my tanks were polyethylene (?).  I’m pretty sure they’re stock, ABS for grey/black and Poly for Fresh…