1985 Sunraider roof/ceiling construction

Legobusier

Hi all, I'm begging to ponder the possibilities of an interior demo/renovation of my '85 21' Sunraider and am trying to figure out what the ceiling/roof construction is/was.  Mine's currently covered in a "jute" type fabric which appears to be original.  I'm trying to determine what's under it and what I can fasten a new ceiling finish to.  (?).

I tried searching this forum, but can't seem to find the answer.  I suspect I'm just missing it.  Thanks in advance.

Yeah I can't find a definitive answer either. The posts I can find makes it sound like the fabric was glued directly to the fiberglass with only a layer of foam between them. I would try peeling back some of the fabric inside the cabinets up to the ceiling to see what's really there. The foam usually breaks down and the fabric falls. 

Many here have reinforced their ceilings by fiberglassing wood strips across every few feet. This gives room for some insulation and you can attach paneling to the wood strips.

If you just want to go with more fabric you need headliner. It already has a foam backing and there is healiner spray glue to use to put it up. I did this on a Tiger motorhome and it came out pretty darn nice. I didn't have help but it would have been way easier if I did. 

Linda S