Beware of the new guy… :)

Legobusier

Hi all,

I’m new here and have a lot to learn.  My father passed away about 2 weeks ago and has/had a pretty nice Sunraider.  I believe he was an active member here.   I don’t really know all THAT much about it/them, but I think it’s a 85 or 86, 21’.  It seems to me that it’s all pretty original, and everything works, heat, AC, nice big fridge, etc…new tires, no leaks in holding tanks, 6 lug rear axle, …..solar panel, etc.  He bought it a few years ago and has been working on it ever since.

What is a “reasonable” market value is for this thing as I may be interested in buying it from his estate (wife).  It seems pretty difficult to nail down values from what I can tell since they’re pretty rare, and most ads I’ve seen are old/outdated.  

Also, what are some things I need to pay particular attention to…Like I said earlier, I know very little about this thing.  I’m pretty mechanically inclined and do a lot of work myself, so I’ll dig in as required.

I’m not trying to get super detailed responses here, but want to know if this thing’s worth $5K or $25K (I suspect it’s in between).

Thanks in advance.  Located in New Bern, NC.

Thanks all.

6ED943F2-9528-4E64-A46D-60C77B37F756.jpeg

725A09A6-3993-4D70-A82C-7F22F19E43C1.jpeg

A3912607-0D30-40F0-B275-5BED3B7EC63E.jpeg

E07D5AE0-3275-4046-A88A-CDCF8F72A851.jpeg

2DE8F677-1AB0-42EE-AF0B-2B4AFAAE1DC1.jpeg

A7C31092-549A-48AB-989C-06D5C2F7EB86.jpeg

2833FC74-E086-4598-B863-C0ED7D0D299F.jpeg

8D7AE3AE-DDFA-4F73-9BB5-508B585DAC09.jpeg

95EAE208-9949-43B9-8B28-DD3EF9C20899.jpeg

Just noticed your dad was a member here. Any chance you know what he used as a screen name or maybe his real name? We get pretty attached to people here. Might be some consolation for you to find out all the friends he had here and maybe read his old posts. 

Linda S

37 minutes ago, linda s said:

Just noticed your dad was a member here. Any chance you know what he used as a screen name or maybe his real name? We get pretty attached to people here. Might be some consolation for you to find out all the friends he had here and maybe read his old posts. 

Linda S

Hi Linda,

I believe his screen name was “Royal” as was his real name - he went by Roy…I came across a few of his posts earlier.  

As for value, etc. I’m going to buy it from her - she needs the $ and it will help her out with her trasition as well.  Everything works on it, and it runs great…I think the only thing that doesn’t work quite “right” is the AC doesn’t seem to blow much air - I think there’s a cable disconnected or something under the dash if I had to guess.  Fan is running well, but it seems “restricted”. I will dig into in over the next few weeks once I get it up here (I’m in Virginia Beach).

Thanks all for the replies thus far…

On 3/23/2022 at 5:38 PM, Legobusier said:

Hi Linda,

I believe his screen name was “Royal” as was his real name - he went by Roy…I came across a few of his posts earlier.  

As for value, etc. I’m going to buy it from her - she needs the $ and it will help her out with her trasition as well.  Everything works on it, and it runs great…I think the only thing that doesn’t work quite “right” is the AC doesn’t seem to blow much air - I think there’s a cable disconnected or something under the dash if I had to guess.  Fan is running well, but it seems “restricted”. I will dig into in over the next few weeks once I get it up here (I’m in Virginia Beach).

Thanks all for the replies thus far…

Condolences