Shopping for house batteries.

V6 Seabreeze 92

I am looking to replace my two house batteries they are regular Interstate batteries from Costco, three years old.

Now looking for Group size 24, deep cycle, 100 AH or more. I can use some help to narrow it down. Another important part i believe is to buy from a nation wise store like Napa or walmart or similar incase need help while traveling. I do not believe my rig has space for group 27 battery.  

Last week I ordered: 

Two EverStart Marine Batteries with 101AH from Walmart for 74.88/ each. Two days later they texted me order cancelled not to come to pick them up. That order was cancelled.

I have tried few other auto parts shops like Oraily's, Napa, Advance and few more. Many places do not even know the Amp Hours of the deep cycle batteries they sell. Many of the deep cycle batteries I see are Starting deep Cycle batteries. 

What are the important specifications to look for in a good house battery at a reasonable cost. I do not think I want AGM or Lithium.

Below is Napa battery I was told it is 120 ah battery for $119 or so. 

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BAT8302?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google&store=26542&campaign=GSC-Batteries&campaign_id=6478913224&adgroup_id=109581694475&adtype=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwxOCRBhA8EiwA0X8hi2QFg3lG8biK6DYzQ_zCen-gFam3mf9zmtzVuXhCgVIblpHV2ik2nBoC3u4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&

I see you live in Oregon you do any  business  with Les Schab . they cover most of the west U S north too south. i have been using their batterys for years tires. over 500 stores. i have 1987 Dolphon only takes one Group 27 deep cycle in the side and is a tight fit . under the hood one group 24 heavy duty starting battery. i live in wa . my deep cycle is not a marine starting deep cycle. IT is a  rv marine deep cycle a        t rue deep cycle also used for electric  trolling motors . as  far as i know those marine starting type are not a true deep cycle but a kind of duel purpose. we should use a true deep cycle. rv marine eletric trolling battery. check the les schab site shows pictures. AND YES i HAVE just old common flooded type batterys.

Edited by 5Toyota

Walmart should be able to get you the battery you need.

I’ve used Walmart group 24 marine batteries for years. Never any problems.

2 hours ago, fred heath said:

Walmart should be able to get you the battery you need.

I’ve used Walmart group 24 marine batteries for years. Never any problems.

I second this. The Everstart batteries at wal-mart Ive always had decent luck with across everything Ive put them in. I think they're still made by Johnson Controls but don't hold me to it.

My warrior has a group 24 starting batt, unsure of what fits in the coach batt tray, it'll probably end up with an everstart group 24 deep cycle.

There are only 3 or 4 flooded cell batteries manufactures in the country. So no matter what battery you buy it is a rebranded some thing or other! Walmart rebrands have worked fine for me and the pricing is right probably the only reasons I ever go into Walmart!