Last week in WI temps were in the 40's and the snow was melting quickly off the roof of my camper. Then later in the week temps dropped to the single digits. Took the camper out last weekend and the blower for the heat would not turn on. Sucked because it was cold. Checked the blower fuse and it was blown (blower fuse is behind the glove box in 87 toyota pickups/campers by the way). Replaced and still no blower. Replaced the relay as I wasn't hearing the relay click when I turned on the blower. Still no blower. Ordered a blower motor resistor as when I pulled the old one out it was looking crazy and wasn't sure if it was broken. Installed the new resistor. When I installed the resistor temps here were in the upper 40's. Turned on the blower and water flowed out from the blower area and it was running strong again. Quite a bit of water. I suspect the roof melt was somehow flowing down and getting into the blower and the water froze the blower in place. Fuse blew and capacitor fried trying to free the frozen blower. The camper was sitting at a slight lean toward the passenger side and toward the front of the vehicle. There was a considerable amount of ice from where the melt was happening on the hood and covering the vent between the windshield and hood.  Unusual circumstance but thought I'd share anyway. 

Two things make sure your heater box drain tube is not plugged up this also will help the water issue on the floor when the AC is running. You probably fixed the fuse issue with the ice melt! The blower high speed does not go though the resistor block only the lower speeds

i wonder if a windshild  leck would dump water in the heater box. it did in my 1977 toyota car no ac .

Edited by 5Toyota