replace dead furnece

I am replacing a dead hydroflame  furnace with a new suberban. if you need one we got a very good price from the company that builds the scamp small fiberglass rvs. and when you call they have real people answer the phone. at just a little over 400 dollors for the 16 000 BTU direct discharge unit. far less then anyone we found . This is a brand new unit.

You might have a “grey market” furnace. It’s brand new, made by suburban but doesn’t carry the factory warranty.

I did the same switch, hydro flame to suburban. My new furnace was missing some parts so I called suburban for replacements. To make a long story short, unless your furnace has a factory ID tag with factory serial number suburban doesn’t recognize it as a warranty item. I was also told if it comes shipped in a plain cardboard box it’s a grey market unit.

As close as I can determine these were maybe seconds, reconditioned or intended for an overseas market.

My furnace works great. No problems since install. Just wanted you to know why you got such a great deal.

Edited by fred heath

we bought   it               from the Scamp dealer mFGR website they make and sell the little scamp trailers . my son has owened a nd rehabed a couple of used scamps . they also sell rv parts to anybody. seems to have factory labels ins. numbers . the lady said we     have them in stock. all i can say is we DID not get this from EBAY.

Edited by 5Toyota

Scamp does indeed sell these furnaces directly.

FURNACE ASSMEBLY - Scamp Trailers

Unfortunately only direct vent, no ducts. Even my tiny Sunrader has multiple ducts 

They also carry the hard to find 4 gallon water heater that is the only size that fits the Sunrader shorty from 1986 on.  Bench seat in the back isn't deep enough for the depth of the 6 gallon. 

Linda S

That appears to be a warranted furnace. To give some perspective, my 42K Suburban (grey market) sold for approximately the same  money. I was constrained by furnace size so even though the 42K was overkill for a 16 footer it fit into the space perfectly. Smaller btu furnaces were too large to fit. That looks like a great deal.

i just checked the furnace havent got in yet. it does have a duct knock out on the left side at the front. does not show in that pict. and thank You LINDA for putting that up.my set up   was direct vent only.                  NEW up date my son installed the new furnace this weekend and i just light it off an hour ago . so far works very nice and very quiet.

Edited by 5Toyota