Anyone interested in Kohler generator

htioki

Original onboard Kohler generator removed from my 92 warrior a couple of weeks ago.  Model 2.5 CMZ.  Only has about 210 hours on it.  In the year and a half that we owned the RV, it only worked sometimes and we only used it probably 30 minutes max.  I haven't done any maintenance on it, nor do I have service records from previous owners.  Definitely need some work to make it reliable.  I don't really have time to mess with it and could use its compartment space for additional storage.  I don't know how much it's worth, so send me an offer via PM.  Pickup in Southern California (LA County).  I'll add photos later.

Mods, if this posting is not allowed, please delete.

I'm considering removing mine as well (same model) It works but the exhaust leaks and needs replacement - I'm reluctant to spend $$ on it as I never use it. Will you carry a generator in the future? What are you using the space for?

Of all the places that we've taken the RV to, we found ourselves hardly needing the generator.  I think I'm going to use the space to store wheel chocks, lego leveling blocks and a bottle jack.  If needed for a trip, we have a portable generator that we can bring on a hitch mounted cargo tray carrier. 

3 hours ago, htioki said:

Of all the places that we've taken the RV to, we found ourselves hardly needing the generator.  I think I'm going to use the space to store wheel chocks, lego leveling blocks and a bottle jack.  If needed for a trip, we have a portable generator that we can bring on a hitch mounted cargo tray carrier. 

I'm dying for a climate where you can say that ^ ...we can't drive anywhere in half the year without the generator running our roof AC, full-blast, especially if we head toward the southern states!  😅

Edited by Ctgriffi

can you post dimensions?    if it would fit i might be able to get near you

The entire generator is approximately 18" tall.  The mounting bracket is about 14"x15".  The muffler and the cylinder sit below the bracket.  Hopefully the attached photos help.  Last photo (upside down) is of the compartment where the generator used to be mounted.

IMG_20220303_092220875.jpg

IMG_20220303_092229757.jpg

IMG_20220303_092317335_HDR.jpg

Edited by htioki