SunRader Vinyl Trim Moulding

ToyoGuy

Thank you Greg!       As they say, "you don't miss your water, 'till your well runs dry...

Current biz at hand:

After 5-6 yrs, of decent service,  I will (again) be replacing the vinyl trim mold on the coach seam of my 18' SunRader due to discoloration and long-term shrinkage etc.  I am wondering how much "extra" length others have initially left, over and above exact length, to allow for initial / eventual shrinkage after installation.

I think last time, when I used the thinner stuff, I left about an inch extra, and was surprised how it disappeared after about a day or two in the sun.

Through trial and error, I also know the mistake of pulling or stretching the stuff too much when installing it.

Note that I opted for the ebay"Furniture Lady's" thicker stuff. ( and I bought 75' of it this time ;))

Good to be back in touch,

BR,

TG

I used to preage the new trim. Un roll it and leave it in the sun for a week or so. Window gaskets got the same treatment, but for a much longer time. 

Whatta great idea WME !

It's out there "basking" on the lawn right now.

(Now why didn't I think of that?? )

I read somewhere that age conferred wisdom, now I'm not so sure.

I also forgot where I put the book I saw it written in.

Thanks,

TG