Is there an adapter to mount a Trans-Awn?

Stole this out of my awning questions post as it immediately got buried lol. 

The question is, can I mount c-channel awning case to c-channel on the roof by simply sliding the two together?  

I was looking at the roofline last week and realized I have a c-channel rail up at the top.  The Trans-Awn actually has a c-channel on the back side.

So is there an adapter rail like a solid figure 8, or do I just slip the awning c-channel into the c-channel on the roof???  I spent a goof half hour trying to find something, and didn't come up with anything.    

Simply sliding them together seems less ideal and probably a touch looser than using some sort of rail adapter. 

I put a bag awning in my C channel. I believe it’s a domestic trim line. Works good. 

I have the Trans-Awn 2000 awning already in pretty fair nick, other than needing to clean off the back.  So I am just trying to figure out if I can directly slide the c-channel on the back of the awning into the c-channel rail.  So mating a c to a c instead of the normal c-channel to lollipop shape of an awning that usually slides into there.  

I would just stick it up and try it, but it isn't really a one-person job and I will need to enlist some help.