Howdy Yotahome folk,

I’m searching for info on getting a spare rear wheel/ tire for our 86’ Sunrader. 6 lug full float axle. How hard are these to find?

We are planning on heading to Mexico for a few months and thought it would be a good idea to have a spare for the front (5 lug, which we already have) as well as one for the rear.

Any thoughts, ideas, advice, or spare wheels that people have laying around are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Ernie

0EC65E06-30F4-4334-A235-EEB88230FF66.jpeg

7C5A695B-D3EF-4A1C-BADE-ED7A20C29F69.jpeg

I may have an extra one that i can let go for cheap. i can check after work today if your interested. it will probably cost a pretty penny to ship, unless you swing by seattle on your way out!

Great, thank you both! We will give the spot in Texas a call. Mpanzar, shipping from Seattle doesn’t sound ideal, but if it comes to that we will definitely keep you in mind. Much appreciated!

How hard is it to find just the tire? I know there is the option of rolling on three tires in the back until you can get to a shop, but what do you think the odds are that a tire shop in Baja could get the correct size tire? 

Just weighing our options.

@Ernie B ive got a couple things to consider. 

• a quote through UPS shows ≈$85 to ship from seattle to denver with delivery by 11/24 (assuming we ship today)... thats not as bad as i was expecting
  • I think have the 6 hole version of the dually with a new tire already installed. I have a 18ft 1986 sunrader that I purchased a set of 8 tires back in 2018 or 2019 from discount tire for(i can confirm the date code later today). since then I have chosen a different tires and wheels, but i always carried a spare for the front and back wheels hence why i still have some of this stuff around. 
  • image.png.797934ece1858e7b5dac6ede24920437.png

I'm thinking Mpanzar Is your best bet. Salvage yards will charge much more for shipping plus you get a good tire with the deal.  He knows his stuff and you will get exactly what you need. We have really good people on this site. Makes me proud to be a part of it. Message him directly for addresses for privacy 

Linda S

Sounds like a great option, thanks so much mpanzar! I’ll send you a message and we’ll figure something out.