Motorhome Renovation | keep it or cover it? How should I handle the original wallpaper in the cab?

BryceW

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the group and recently purchased a 1990 Itasca Spirit - it's the Micro 19 ft motorhome. We are in the middle of an over cab rebuild due to water damage/wood rot and will be resealing the windows soon. We will also be painting the interior and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how these were originally built with the luan plywood and wallpaper. I've seen posts online recommending that you not take the original textured paper off the luan boards and simply paint over it but have also seen some saying the material can be tricky to work on top of. From what I can tell these are the original walls. Any advice? :)

IMG_6800.jpg

We had the 90 Warrior with basically the same wall material.  My wife painted over it and it looked nice.  Can't tell you how long that lasted because a year later we moved up to a 94 Warrior.