Sunrader Frame-Shell Standoff

mpanzar

I am currently replacing the rear section of the floor on my 18ft Sunrader and am looking for the red dimension shown in the image below. The reason I'm replacing the floor is because I noticed the rear end of the fiberglass shell was resting on the vehicle frame. My plan is to put spacers between the frame and shell (as shown in the picture). Next I'm going to weld in a new sub-frame and then attach 3/4" marine grade plywood to the new sub-frame. finally ill fiberglass the shell to the plywood and remove the spacers. If other owners could provide this dimension I would appreciate it. Any additional advice, tips & tricks, or experience is welcome. 

image.png.3a49e607f68c0562b0583f65d50ae355.png

image.png.512b34855dca69223f75967b54952f26.png

in my sunrader (1984) the fiberglass part is splitting past the frame between the floor and the frame rail.  the frame underneath

is a 1" x 2" square tubing.   it looks like yours so maybe that might be it

So I measured mine on an 86 18ft Sunrader. The fiberglass is 3/4 of an inch away from the frame on the passenger side but the drivers side that my generator is on is only about 1/4 of an inch away. Generator weighs around 100 lbs and when I got the camper the generator mounting screws were mostly missing so it had been bouncing around way more that it should have.  Hasn't seem to sag any since then. Yours looks fine to me. I see no sag there at all

Linda S