1984 toyota sunrader bathroom shower pan part replacement

tropicstar

Thank you for any information that can assist in my replacement part search.

I have a 1984 toyota sunrader 21ft 22R 4 speed manual transmission i have been doing a complete interior restoration of original interior components.  I painted the interior white on walls ,cabinets and doors.

On my bathroom a poor repair was done on the bathroom floor shower pan. I can repair it and repaint it. But I would prefer a new shower pan if that replacement part would be available anywhere? Does anyone know a source for that part? Also what is the best new toilet model number in a Thetford or another quality rv toilet and which size toilet is best suited for that sunrader rv?

Thank you I always appreciate the information you guys have shared. Also thank you Linda for all of your past information you have shared.

20210917_084043.jpg

I don't have a Sunrader like yours so I can't just go out and measure. Let me see a pic and give me exact dimensions and I will look around for you. A couple of good pics that clearly show what the other owner has done would be good. Need to know what your working with

Linda S

On 9/30/2021 at 1:32 PM, linda s said:

I don't have a Sunrader like yours so I can't just go out and measure. Let me see a pic and give me exact dimensions and I will look around for you. A couple of good pics that clearly show what the other owner has done would be good. Need to know what your working with

Linda S

Thank you Linda for your quick reply! I appreciate your input! I will get you some  photos next week as its currently a rv service shop for a systems check over!

3 hours ago, tropicstar said:

Thank you Linda for your quick reply! I appreciate your input! I will get you some  photos next week as its currently a rv service shop for a systems check over!

Measurements too. Very important

Linda S

On 10/2/2021 at 3:17 AM, linda s said:

Measurements too. Very important

Linda S

Ok thank you Linda I got measurements

37.5 in long x 26.5in wide shower base top of base at wall then at
Floor 25.5in wide x 21.5 long then elevated 1in to 1 1/4in to toilet area

141/2 in long x 251/2inwide length the pan due to age and very then has multiple cracks to repair. I could use it as a mold and do fiberglass or epoxy layups to reconstruct if I have to but a replacement would be best if available, out of my other sunraders all have a 1 piece floor and walls complete fiberglass bathroom enclosure that is much thicker and appear to be installed prior to camper upper section assembled. 

however this 1984 toyota sunrader has only wood paneling with a vinyl like wallpaper covering. So I plan to buy or build fiberglass wall panels for walls and seal edges with a waterproof cauking sealant.

and photos

20211006_093842.jpg

20211006_093829.jpg

20211006_093806.jpg

20211006_093759.jpg

This is as close as I could find. 

Sierra Engineering RV Parts (rvpartssierra.com)

Amazing but the Sunrader one is big compared to most available. 

I also saw this video about repairing them and for an RV this one makes the most sense. Adds more support to soft areas and finishes with a durable non slip surface that will flex enough to handle vibrations from the road. He just does a patch but you should paint your whole pan. 

Easiest way to fix repair crack in bath shower bottom tray pan Flex Seal how to DIY save thousands! - YouTube

Linda S

hey are the little chrome pieces in the corners available? i'm missing one

Just now, linda s said:

This is as close as I could find. 

Sierra Engineering RV Parts (rvpartssierra.com)

Amazing but the Sunrader one is big compared to most available. 

I also saw this video about repairing them and for an RV this one makes the most sense. Adds more support to soft areas and finishes with a durable non slip surface that will flex enough to handle vibrations from the road. He just does a patch but you should paint your whole pan. 

Easiest way to fix repair crack in bath shower bottom tray pan Flex Seal how to DIY save thousands! - YouTube

Linda S

Thank you so much Linda I appreciate your quick reply and information link for parts thats it exactly same as mine . Hopefully built stronger and better as mine is very thin and even if repaired would have to be completely rebuilt of fiberglass completely to be usable. Mine is super thin as why it didn't last and has multiple cracks. So for cost materials and labor time the link you sent is well worth their asking price. I can do excellent fiberglass repair and restoration as many years experience with my fiberglass sailboats. that is why I chose sunraders. My others are 18fters 1 -1982 toyota sunrader 18ft rear dinette,diesel 2.2liter, 5 speed manual transmission,43,000 original miles, 1986 nissan sunrader 18ft rear dinette,

diesel SD22 2.2 liter diesel, 5 speed manual transmission,  6lug front and rear, 1983 toyota sunrader 18ft rear dinette, 22R gas, automatic,  I have a 1986 toyota extracab 4x4 5 speed manual transmission 22R gas this one will be my donner vehicle for my toyota sunrader 18ft 4x4 build. These sunraders can be addictive.  I just spent over 200 hrs in 3 weeks renovation of my 1984 sunrader 21ft I will post some photos of its Renovation soon, all systems are fully functioning and operating,  roof recently had everything on it revealed. And a new toilet installed.

Thank you again I really appreciate your help. I will order that new bathroom liner part and do fiberglass walls to match. Any part suggestions for fiberglass wall panels for bathroom room?

Yup you sure got some Sunraders. 

That pan is fiberglass and Sierra has an excellent reputation. They don't make that pan. I found the same one a couple of other places but they were all way over 600 bucks so I found you the best deal. 

For many years Sierra was the last place you could buy replacement plastic bumpers for the later model Dolphins and Seabreeze. Unfortunately no more

Linda S