Siding repair

86Dolphino

Anyone got any ideas on how to make this hole/crack look like new or close to without replacing the siding? 

ive used flex seal in the past (recommended by Linda, thank you again)

but I feel this area has so much moment when traveling flex seal won’t hold up in the long run, and it’s a large area on the driver side. The passenger side is not as bad.

So I thought I’d ask 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 86Dolphino

Maybe something here...https://www.delamrepair.com/rvmotorhomecamperdelaminationrepairkits.html

Worst case find the same style of siding and cut a foot long patch and glue/pop rivet it over the crack. Try jacking the corner to make the crack small before repairs. Also see if you can "look" behind the inside paneling and check for broken framing.

Edited by WME

All good ideas thank you. 

the epoxy seems pretty easy. So does pop riveting another piece if I can find the same.  

i was also wondering maybe getting a small piece of aluminum and bending it to match the existing siding and using the aluminum filler rods you melt on with a torch. I would of course pull off the panel prior to throwing a flame to it hahaha. 

i think the siding is so thin you'll melt it away before yo can use the rod. also aluminum solder is very sensitive to dirt, etc.

our sprint car wings would get torn or holes in them. an aluminum cover piece glued down with silicon and pop rivits was stronger than just aluminum, and held up forever.

Honestly I don’t know. But on the passenger side it looks like a clean cut. Almost like a cutting wheel.  And when you step back the overhead bunk looks straight no sagging, and really on the inside it looks like hell, but the walls don’t have any water damage. 

I got this old rv (78 cal camp) out of a package deal for 1600. the other was a 83 dolphin. I cleaned up the 83 and just sold it for 3200. So I’m in this old cal camp nothing. 

my plan is to bring the outside back to passable condition put air bags on all 4 corners and some 13 or 14” spoke wheels cleaned up the inside real nice and use this one for car shoes and cruising since it’s so short and small.  

10 minutes ago, Maineah said:

I would kind of be curious as to why it split like that or maybe I really didn't want to know!

Sorry Maineah that post above was in response to you

You know now that I look at the photos maybe there is hanging in the front of the bunk