Shopping for Tires

I am looking to purchase tires for my rig, below is from Walmart. Could someone confirm if what I am looking at is the right tires to order for 21 foot Seabreeze. Thank you.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nexen-Roadian-CT8-HL-185R14C-8-102-100T-Tire/845193737

Thank you Linda !!

Another tires related question: what kind of Tire Valve Stem are you using on the inside tire.

?? Short stems are so hard to get to. Any photo/ dimensions will be helpful. 

Linda

You are correct: Walmart would not install tires on any RVs. I checked today.

jjrbus

Thank you for TR-544, now I see many possibilities.

I got the same Nexen Rodian Load D Tires from Simple Tires and was able to have them shipped to my Toyota mechanic who installed them/balanced, etc. Then I went to Les Schwab for the alignment. It was interesting to learn that here locally in the CA Bay Area Sam's Club in Concord and Vacaville and Concord would not install RV tires, and Walmart also told me no, but I can't recall which location I called. Maybe Sam's Club Install RV tires in Oregon. If so, Sam;s Club had crazy low prices on Nexen in August...

In any case, you can also get Les Schwab to order the Nexen tires and do the install, and alignment all together. That may be a less expensive route than what I took because I needed to get tires quickly. Plus, you could get all the perks that come along with Les Schwab tire purchases.

I really liked the Simple Tires experience and while it took two visits to Les Schwab, and I had to learn and then explain to the young guy at Les Schwab how to get the alignment correct, the staff are so genuinely kind and helpful. - and I'm loving my Nexens!

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 6.21.35 PM.png

Les Schwab near me won't do my alignment. They said they can't do duallies. Funny though I met a guy at the grocery store with a massive Ford dually 4x4 with at least a 6 inch lift. Asked him where he goes for alignment and he said Les Schwab did it when they installed his tires. So I guess in my town they only do stuff for tire buyers. Jerks

Linda S

I have had bad experience with Les Schwab, bunch of crooks. They sold me D rated tires but installed C rated. I was on the road and did not check. When I got home after my long road trip and looked. Les whatever they are, it is the last place i will ever go for tires.

It was too much hassle ordering Roadian Tires on line, Walmart sells them for $97.98 but they do not install in any RVs. I am now working with Discount Tires in my area, Gresham, Oregon. Yokohama tires, $104.99/per tire plus the works comes to $892.50 for all 7 tires, Installed. Have not ordered them yet. I asked them to make sure they are not old tires, I will check before they install them. He told me they will come from the factory direct. I need to order couple of TR 544/545 valve stems for the 2 inside tires. Discount tires just carries regular valves. I am not sure of the length yet.

What do you think of Yokohama 185R14 D rated tires ??

Just so you know, a tire marked 185r14C is not a C load rating. The C means commercial like for delivery trucks. The key to know if it's really D load is the max pressure. Should be 65lbs. A C load range tire would only be 50

Linda S