1978 Chinook MPG

The Dometic RM211 fridge needs repair and can't find anyone to do it. Is it something that can be done by myself? A tech said something wrong with propane (I think they just didn't want to be bothered). IT worked on 12V (only mildly getting cold) not on AC power. I would like to save the fridge if possible.

Anyone have manuals for the 1978 year? Earlier there are different changes. I am remodeling mine to make one of the closets into a wet bath. I'm on the East Coast.

Here's a manual but if it only slightly cooled your cooling unit might be shot. No one make replacements for these anymore

RM211 Installation & Operating Instructions (nationalserroscotty.org)

This is same size and as cheap as you will find for a 3 way fridge

Smeta Propane Refrigerator 2.1 Cu Ft 3-Way (LP Gas 110V AC 12V DC) Camping RV | eBay

Linda S

Some manuals can be found here

toyotachinook@groups.io | Home

You have to join but no worries it's still my site. Look in the files section.

Also if you ever need help there are some guys on this site who literally know everything about Chinooks.

Not very active but they have always stepped up when someone asked questions. One of them even shipped a much needed trannie from Michigan to Arizona for a friend of mine. Awesome

Linda S