Water filter inside holding tank

Can anyone else confirm this? My brother sent this pic to me from Facebook showing a water filter at the hookup of the fresh water tank. I think its BS but I’ve been wrong before. Can anyone confirm this?

985C768B-23E9-41AF-9876-98BB762182AE.jpeg

Never heard or saw one before. There are some issues with this even working. All filters needs regular replacement. Are you going to pull your tank out every time? I can't get to mine without pulling out cabinets. What kind of access do you have in your rig.

So what happens if you don't change out the filter? Well the house I live in had an under sink water filter for the water going to the fridge , ice machine. I went to change the filter and when I got it off it was black with mold everywhere and in the lines. I had to rip it out and change all the lines, yuck. Previous owner had been drinking that. 

Yeah I think a water filter with no easy access is worse than unless. It's a bad thing

Linda S

That’s what I’m thinking as well. 

BTW seen aSunrader here in Reno the other day pulling out of In N Out Burger a lady and her husband I assume and wondered if it was you LOL. This Sunrader appeared to be a 4x4 too had California plates

Hahahah. I need to get my cab AC fixed in mine. It blows cold but makes a weird rattle/clinking noise from the compressor when I turn it on. Definitely not right so I just leave it off for now.