Coleman Mini-Mach 7100 btu AC (model 6727-800)

neilp

I have decided to upgrade my AC, and will be removing my working original unit. Does anyone see any value in this? It will be complete with the inside panel and is in good working order. I am in central Texas, Austin area and it would be great to get a few $$ towards the next project!

Appreciate thoughts an opinions on any value and where to sell it!

Neil

3 hours ago, neilp said:

I have decided to upgrade my AC, and will be removing my working original unit. Does anyone see any value in this? It will be complete with the inside panel and is in good working order. I am in central Texas, Austin area and it would be great to get a few $$ towards the next project!

Appreciate thoughts an opinions on any value and where to sell it!

Neil

I have the same unit on my rig. It’s durable and dependable. It uses ammonia based refrigerant in a sealed system. Never needs to be recharged.

You might find a buyer for the rooftop shroud (if in good shape) and same for the interior cover. As far as resale, I doubt you’ll find many takers. Remember, that unit is over 40 years old. Personally, I’d keep it.

• 1 month later...

My new AC  is being installed tomorrow. If anyone is interested in the old unit please let me know.  Fully operational and both the shroud and internal unit are in good condition although showing their age (yellowing).

I'm located in Austin TX, and cannot ship this!!

Just thought I'd follow up with the outcome in case anyone was interested. I posted on some FB Toymo groups but with no interest after a couple of days I listed on craigslist, FB and Nextdoor and got a flood of response. I maybe should have asked a little more but I wanted it gone as it's bulk trash pickup here next week and if I couldn't sell it the AC was going! I got the $100 I asked for it. Sold and gone within 3 hours of listing!

So I guess these old ACs do still have a little value!