Aisin Warner 03-71 swap from aV turbo Volvo to Toyota

Doing research and noticed that turbocharged Volvo 740 and 940 models use the Aisin Warner 03-71 transmission as does 22 RE powered Toyota motor homes. Are these possible donor vehicles to source transmissions? I understand that the bell housing and tail housing are different. 

• 1 month later...

AW is used acrossed many manufactors. Same internals different bell and tailshafts (4wd can be converted to 2wd and vice versa).Pulled parts from a 4 wd a340 to get my trans working and when I got to Florida I pulled the trans again and replaced the forward assemblies with internals from a turbo charged lexus rated for 5oo horsepower.

Got the low mileage trans for a hundred bucks as I was just using it for parts and no warranty.

If you are slipping in forward gears It is a fairly easy repair.

In my mind.

Then again people tell me I am out of my mind.

They are amazingly tough transmissions. The biggest issues were the tail stock bushings waring out and  trashing the governor bore. If you are clueless about automatics step away from the transmission it's not a real good back yard job for a novice.