Going to pickup my 1986 Toyota New World

Usafammo

I'm new on here and a new owner of a 1986 Toyota New World motorhome.  I need to travel 3 hrs to pick it up.  Does anyone have a suggestion on what type of trailer, car dolly, or tow bar I should use to get it back home.  It is a manual transmission and the engine is currently not running.  Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Depends on length and weight. A standard ramp truck can accommodate up to 16’ comfortably.

Longer models will have to be trailered or towed. It’s strictly a matter of how much you’re willing to pay. If not running, you’ll need some type of winch assembly to get it onto a trailer or tow dolly.

Try to find an equipment trailer for hire. You’re going to need electric brakes with that much weight.

It might be cheaper to see how much it will cost to get the engine running. 

Engine is not getting fixed that cheap.  Need a new block and rebuilt.  Read on one thread that someone used a uhaul trailer.

Edited by Usafammo

Different options out there. You said it’s a 1986. Did you check the rear axle? It should have 6 lugnuts on each rear wheel. If only 5, the axle is unsafe and will need to be changed. Can I ask how much you paid for it? And if you have only put down a deposit, it might be cheaper to just walk away. Especially if only 5 lugs on the rear axle.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Yeah now comes the fun huh? Hopefully get the engine in order and take it out for a shakedown outing. A bonus to the New World models are that the coach frame is of welded tubular aluminum, no worries about wood frame rotting or roof sag like the "finned" models. A keeper for sure!

Good luck!

Gary