Hi,

Rookie question here: Anyone know a good source for parts for our 87 Toyota Dolphin (22RE, auto trans)? I'm specifically looking for a driveshaft slip yoke for the auto trans right now. Also when searching Camarata and enter the VIN, it sends me to a Toyota 4Runner for parts. Is this the base model for these?

Thanks!

Abe

When searching for parts, the model is really a Toyota Pickup, although it often comes up as 4Runner when I check, too. (Sidenote: many times, the year of a motorhome is one year after the production year of the actual cab-and-chassis unit—yours might be an 86 Toyota Pickup.)

RockAuto.com works well for me and lots of others: good catalog and good prices.

If you have a lot of play in the yoke don't put it off they are available. Replace the bushing in the tail stock. The bushing and yoke are also the support for the output shaft inside the transmission. When they fail the governor sealing rings dig into the transmission case read transmission overhaul.

20 hours ago, Ctgriffi said:

When searching for parts, the model is really a Toyota Pickup, although it often comes up as 4Runner when I check, too. (Sidenote: many times, the year of a motorhome is one year after the production year of the actual cab-and-chassis unit—yours might be an 86 Toyota Pickup.)

RockAuto.com works well for me and lots of others: good catalog and good prices.

Thanks, it looks like it is a 1986.

14 hours ago, Maineah said:

If you have a lot of play in the yoke don't put it off they are available. Replace the bushing in the tail stock. The bushing and yoke are also the support for the output shaft inside the transmission. When they fail the governor sealing rings dig into the transmission case read transmission overhaul.

Thanks. Can I just drop the driveline and pull the yoke out to replace both of those (yoke and bushing) or need to do something at the transmission?

My mechanic showed me some wear at the part of the yoke that enters the tranny (it's an automatic). He had replaced the back seal to try to stop a small leak but its leaking worse now so he's thinking this is the next step. I was hoping to do it myself if it's not too difficult.

It can be done in the back yard but you will need things like a bushing driver. You could remove the extension housing an take it to a transmission shop and let them replace the bushing. If there is any ware on the yoke replace it. They are actually very good transmissions but they did have some quirky problems one of them was the way the output shaft was supported by the yoke and the bushing I can't stress how important that could be to your bank account if it's ignored.

1 hour ago, Maineah said:

It can be done in the back yard but you will need things like a bushing driver. You could remove the extension housing an take it to a transmission shop and let them replace the bushing. If there is any ware on the yoke replace it. They are actually very good transmissions but they did have some quirky problems one of them was the way the output shaft was supported by the yoke and the bushing I can't stress how important that could be to your bank account if it's ignored.

Thanks for the info.