Pesky Mickey

Brian

So, I was checking my '92 Warrior (battery, etc) before taking it in for new tires, when I noticed a smell like a dead animal. Sure enough, when I opened the hood, I found two nests! One on top of the engine block and the other where the harness comes in to the engine compartment (passenger side). I cleaned it all out, including 3 dehydrated mouse carcasses and the rotting remains of a large rat!

on closer inspection, I discovered that Mickey Rodent had started to chew on the harness—everything seems to be working except the horn …

There's a narrow red/white (white/red?) wire that has been completely chewed off—could that be for the horn?

I'll have my mechanic fix it (hopefully), but if I knew what that wire was I might save some time and $$.

Mouse damage (1).jpg

Realized that pic was a bit dark—better one here. You can see that left end of white/red wire is chewed off—I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to splice a new piece in.

It doesn't look as if the rest of the harness is compromised, and everything seems to work except the horn, so fingers crossed! One side of the insulation of the double red wire has been nibbled, but I don't see any damage to the wire itself, so am thinking it can just be wrapped with electrical tape …

Mouse damage (2).jpg