Question about Coach battery

Cybord

I bought a 1985 Toyota motorhome New Horizon it pretty much original. I just replaced the coach battery with a new AGM battery. Can I run the motorhome with just the coach battery?? If so how?? Or can I only use it to start up the generator only? witch it does. I'm new to R.V and especially all the electronic. Any help would be appreciated !

If your battery is all hooked up all your 12 volt items should already be working. Lights, water pump when you turn it on etc. If you want to plug something into a house style plug yes then you will need to start your generator. Did they show you it with the lights working. Possible the bulbs have gone bad but unlikely they all have. You also need to find your power center and replace the fuses. easier to just replace them all rather than try to find ones that have gone bad. Power center is usually a metal door somewhere close to the floor. There will also be circuit breakers for air conditioner and 110 outlets. 

Linda S

the agm battery is usually not used for starting an engine.   are there 2 batterys under the hood? one is for the truck part and the other is for the coach part

I don't know about if AGM batteries are ok for starting engines but our motorhomes use the coach battery for the generator if you have one. Only a few early rigs and later Sunraders had both batteries in the engine compartment.  No New Horizons that I know of

Linda S

AGM batteries are fine for starting batteries. Think of the Optima Red, Blue and Yellow batteries. Each has a purpose.

Yep fine, often used in multiple daily start applications. Be ready to get your check book out though.