Stuff hanging off the backend of my 1991/92 Warrior. Hitch, Box, A/C, LED Tailights, Extra window /Cat door.

So I was able to take my ToyHome  for an Epic 5000 mile trip since February.

Having spent two plus years putting something that was destroyed by a huge pine tree back together.  I have spent considerable time trying to figure out what goes where and spending some time living with and using this rig. Where do I actually spend time in the rig (I installed a comfy leather office chair and the cat took it as her own and I end up sitting on the couch.)  The couch is not that comfortable and  needs a rebuild with a comfy foam. Lots of things to figure out as it go.

Lots of things to work on on an old camper but today I had Epiphany/AHHAAA moment when things came together.

I need to tow a trailer full of tools and ladder  to a job site tomorrow and my only option at the moment is the ToyHome.

I had placed an aluminum box on the bumper supported by the reese hitch and traveled extensively with it since February.  I liked the box but it took away my ability to tow anything and I really missed my Motorcycles throughout my trip.

So today I went to Walmart and purchased  and extension and height add on.  That allowed me to keep the Aluminum box permanently and haul a trailer.

I had been looking at the Aluminum box as an either or thing up until now.  Since it was now permanent and the temperature was 93 degrees inside the rig....

My thoughts turned to A/C...

Having a spare ac unit I took out my trusty tape measure and spent a few hours contemplating my next move.

Since nothing in the back wall of the rigs is structural I ended up carving a new hole through the back of the rig and support the unit on the top of the box.

From the inside it looks kinda like it belongs there and the ac unit is really cooling things down.  I have a larger unit and may install that to have more punch and turn my rv into a walkin cooler. I do hate installing more weight behind the rear wheels but since the box is empty at the moment I will concentrate on how the trailer is loaded for long trips and keep light things in the box.

The LED taillights I purchased off from craigslist for 40 bucks and met the seller at the BFI in Freeport Maine to complete the sale (BFI Freeport Maine look it up).

I installed them really high so if I was towing a trailer and lost the lights they could still be seen (in Maine that is all that is required).

The window I installed in the drivers side back end originally was located at the stove and sink area.  Installing it here allows an amazing amount of airflow through the rig and my cat Ziggy AKA/ Kalamazoo uses it as her personal entrance..

I feel good about my weight choices on the back end of my rig.  Whoever installed the reese hitch did a really nice job and took real pride in their skills.

Some of the welds from Winnebago let go on the rough roads  fleeing the northeast on my way south and I stopped in North Carolina for a few days and found a nice shop that specilizes in building trailers and building stuff.  I spent several hours with a nice young man underneath the RV reinforcing every weld to be seen and sutly mentoring in how to get a whole lot of good welds done in short order.

They only charged me 80 bucks and I gave the kid a really nice tip.  He did everthing I asked exactly as I wanted it done and we both learned a few things.

So from now on I am bringing a trailer and at least on motorcyle with me.

I may install brakes on the trailer just to slow things down.

In the last ten years of traviing with a Toy Home I have seen people dragging every manner of things behind these rigs.

If you want one of these you need to carry your balls around in a wheelbarrow

20210629_151056.jpg

20210629_142528.jpg

20210629_151215.jpg

20210629_151433.jpg

20210629_151632.jpg

20210629_190132.jpg