Mayday - Mysterious hiccup is back

Cynxing

Hello Collective ToyBrains - Last summer my 86 Dolphin was stalling out while driving and I got a code "3" - No signal from igniter 4 times in succession - Defective Igniter or Defective Main Relay circuit, or Defective ECU.    If I can't restart while coasting I would have to pull to the side and restart.  Very nerve wracking. The telltale clicking from the starter was present, so I swapped out the starter with a (used, ok yes, used) starter that does NOT click and starts every time.  But it is still doing the stall out behavior and yesterday I got a "3" code again.  Moving on to the Main Relay circuit?  Any knowledge of this scenario?  I can drive it but it doesn't feel good.  Sometimes there's a clunking noise from the rear in conjunction with the attempt to restart.  Driving it again today to get more detailed observations.  Also the engine was hotter than (expletive) after driving for 15 minutes.  Ideas?  Thank you.

Follow up.  I put on me spectacles and poked around the fuse box.  That's when I noticed the battery was loose (??????) so I tightened the holder.  Then I saw that the corner of the holder looks like it came in contact with the positive battery terminal ( !!!!!!!!)  I have been traveling some very Vermonty dirt roads.  There may have been some sparky action under the hood yesterday.  And that may have had nothing - or everything - to do with the stall outs.  Investigation continues...

IMG-4550.jpg.0215e3254d62fe7fecae9314d23330ee.jpg

Long driveabout today with no hiccups, burps or other socially incorrect Yota behavior.  Confidence restored.  I'm going to blame heat and stress on the stupidity factor.  No, none of you need to tell me. I know.