Water Valves - 1991 Warrior

I recently bought a 1991 Winnebago Warrior.  Everything seems to work well and the rig only has 46k miles on it.  However, when I attached it to a low pressure city water source today for the first time these valves under the stove started to leak.  They look like the same type of valves behind the fresh water tank.  

does anyone know of these are still available and, if not, can one just replace seals or use a different part?

thanks!

09F482D1-4686-44FD-840D-C2711C37AA83.jpeg

Water was pouring out because I discovered that the valve on the bottom of the fresh water tank was open.  But these were also leaking.  They appear to be some sort of diverter valve?  

I can only assume that the valves on the fresh water tank drain will also leak (I didn’t try much more, I just immediately turned off the water so this didn’t get too wet.  

The area under the sofa stayed dry, presumably because the valve was open so there wasn’t any pressure on that valve.  

Could that drain valve for the fresh water tank be any harder to get to?  The prior owner apparently tied a string to the valve pull and ran it up behind the sofa to make it easier to open, but closing it requires some acrobatics.  I will have to pull the sofa out to service and reseal the valves if needed.

I am having the same problem with my 1992 Warrior. The water system has not been used 3 or 4 years.

Water pouring out the top of the thing.

Figuring it out has been on the back burner until I saw your post. So I went to work.

I cut the plastic clips holding the assembly down and removed the metal triangle and then used a long 1/4 inch extension to push it out the bottom.  A number two pencil would work also.

It is just as I thought.  A couple of O-Rings.

The bottom one is pretty beefy and is not causing problems.

I think I will replace just the top one with two of the small ones from my kit I purchased at Harbor Freight and then put under pressure again.

Good Luck.

20210627_184147.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I too have this problem. 1991 Winnebago Itasca Spirit - RB321.  Found the part number for my rig here https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Files/Winnebago/Resources/Diagram/Plumbing.htm  It's called a Header Drain, Part #52961. It used for winterizing the RV, but since I'm in Southern California, I've never had to deal with that. It is used to drain the last bit of water out of all the sink, shower and water heater pipes in the rig so they don't freeze. These are slightly different from the 2 "Valve-Line Drains (#52960) near the water tank/pump, mainly used to drain the tank.

The Header Drain is one ~6" long piece, with each end having 2 pipe connections (up and out)  and the "plunger value" to release the water in the middle. I have not as yet been able to find this part online.

@REALLYRURAL - that's a good solution to the problem - figured it was an o-ring. The problem in my rig is that this valve does not directly drain to the ground (which i think the Valve Lines do), it drains directly on top of my Gray water tank, and the water runs down the top of the tank ~ 2 feet toward the back bumper. There is a 2" gap between the bottom of floor and the top of the gray tank, and if I pushed the plunger all the way down, I couldn't get it back in without pulling out the grey tank   😞  

So here's my temporary hack "fix" - laugh if you must, but it seems to be holding for now. Basically they just leak into one another.  Only other solution I can think of is to re-plumb this section with modern fittings. 

1714903458_RVHeaderDrain.jpg.da288d567d2e9889f14e1c0284af1edc.jpg

Edited by Funbox