LP service valve and regulator

My LP service valve has a leak when opening and closing.  No leak when all the way closed or open.  System was checked and no leak when all the way open or closed. I think it is the packing nut.  Tried to tighten nut but won't tighten any further.  I am going to replace the service valve when I run out of propane. Since my unit is a 1994 Winnebago Micro Warrior, I figured I would also change the regulator while I am at it.  The problem I am running into is that the original regulator has the vent on the bottom and comes off the left side of the service valve.  Winnebago has discontinued this regulator and their is no replacement for it with vent facing down and coming off to the left of the service valve.  Their are two stage regulators coming off the right side of the service valve but that won't work.  I do not want to have to do to much modifying if I do not have to.  The regulator that is on the tank works properly but if I am eventually replacing the lp service valve I might as well replace the regulator.  Did anyone else ever replace the service valve and regulator on a horizontal tank with the regulator inlet coming off the left side (facing the lp tank).  If so, I would be grateful knowing where I could find a regulator that would just fit without any modifications.  If you did this but had to modify the system, I would be grateful to know how you did this.  I certainly do not want to have to replace the entire tank as it is in very good shape.  Thank you for your help.  Ports

Valves are supposed to be open or closed fully. Leaking with partial opening is fairly common. 

Vent is supposed to point down on regulator.

With no photos it’s hard to understand what you’re talking about.

This is a good source for propane parts.

https://propanewarehouse.com/

Edited by fred heath