Weight

Scott iv

Hi folks, 

I know the weight of our motorhomes is a topic of interest. I just had mine weighed at a CAT scale near my home and the results are attached. Just to describe my motorhome: It is a 1987 Escaper 22re. I added 2 approximately 6' steel beams into the rear of my frame to add strength to the frame extensions and create a motorcycle mount. I have a 5000btu ac unit, 80cc generator, awning, screen room, outdoor propane grill, full tank of propane, and other camp supplies. My wife and 60lb dog were in the vehicle along with me, .25 tank of gas, some grey water, and a small amount of clean water. Basically fully travel loaded. Just offering a point of reference. 

weight.pdf

At no point does Toyota ever refer to our dual wheel trucks as 1 ton. The 1 ton connotation on other trucks usually refers to the payload capacity not the weight of the truck. Scotts very loaded down truck is only 300 lbs over GVWR so I'd consider that darn good

Linda S

Every weight is going to be different. Variables such as length, construction detail and accessories will vary between owners. The only weight that’s guaranteed is that of the cab and chassis before the coach is added.

My 16’ with no plumbing weighs 4200 lbs. with me in it. Easy to run single wheels on the back. 🙂