Questions concerning my Odyssey

john*thomas

• 11 months later...

Anyway.......a fellow stopped at the house and asked if it was for sale. I told him it wasn't but if someone wanted to pay $X dollars for it, I would sell it. He went and got the money.

Now looking for a 18 foot Sunrader. I know they pop up but I likely won't buy one top dollar. I'll be looking under rocks for a decent buy on one.

Whatever you got for it, trust me it wasn't enough. Someone posted an 84 Sunrader not in the greatest condition here a few months ago for $18'500 and we all kind of laughed at him. He got his price in 2 days. A Sunrader is also going to mean a downgrade to a 4 cylinder and your not going to like it. Only about a dozen V6 shorty Toyota's and I would expect if one came on the market it would be over 30 grand. You won the lotto when you found your incredibly rare Nissan V6 Odyssey shorty, only one I've ever seen, and now your planning on winning the lottery again? 

Linda S

Camping season is about over here. It may seem stupid but mine was a 20 footer. I'd really like an 18. No, I didn't get enough out of it to most likely buy a Sunrader but that is still what I wanted from the beginning. The search to me is just about as much fun as finding what I'm searching for. 

On 9/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, linda s said:

Whatever you got for it, trust me it wasn't enough. Someone posted an 84 Sunrader not in the greatest condition here a few months ago for $18'500 and we all kind of laughed at him. He got his price in 2 days. A Sunrader is also going to mean a downgrade to a 4 cylinder and your not going to like it. Only about a dozen V6 shorty Toyota's and I would expect if one came on the market it would be over 30 grand. You won the lotto when you found your incredibly rare Nissan V6 Odyssey shorty, only one I've ever seen, and now your planning on winning the lottery again? 

Linda S

Unless you buy one like mine that has a custom ported 4banger from California designed for the motorhome and not stock. My RV cruises 73 MPH easily now; I still get passed but find myself passing also which the stock  engine couldnt seem to muster at 56-65 tops.

I am thinking of selling again... and My RV is VERY nice.

I don't remember Totem did you have to ship your old engine to them to be rebuilt? That is what you have to do now. They don't just sell completed engines. Also, they have just started taking orders again after over a year of no orders. They were just too busy. Cost of the upgraded rebuild, probably much like you got, is now $4250 plus shipping and cost of having a mechanic remove the old engine and reinstall it after it's been rebuilt. Probably looking at 10 grand total. Yikes

Linda S

I want a Sunrader something bad...  Something that can be sealed up EASILY lol.  

Rebuilding these engines actually is pretty easy.  And even doing a serious performance based rebuild, the parts aren't that expensive.  While not something somebody should tackle if they don't know how to change a radiator, on a scale of 1-10 with a radiator being say a 2, I would only put rebuilding a 22RE at 5 or 6.  But that is me and I would rather pull my engine out than reseal my stinking, leakin roof...  So yeah.