Walmart batteries

linda s

I have been recommending Walmart Everstart batteries for years but that has come to an end. They are denying it but it sure looks like they are phasing them out. Not a single battery the right size for my Toyota anywhere in northern California and add to that their website is saying it's the wrong battery. The in store battery finder had me buy a group 24 battery. 2 inches taller and my hood wouldn't shut. Had to return it. 

No deep cycle batteries anywhere in Northern Cal either. 

I can't recommend anyone buy a battery that can't be replaced on the road when you need one. 

I ended up with  Durolast from Autozone. 

Linda S

A trick buying from Autozone. If you buy online they usually offer at least 15% off. If you aren't in a hurry, put it in your cart and leave it. Generally you will get an offer for even more off. They also have a rewards program that gets you $5-$10 coupon after so much spent with them. I've been buying my batteries this way. Pay online and then just go to the local store and pick it up.

A heads up though, if you buy online the local store won't have the purchase in their computer. (in case of warranty or return). Tell them you bought online and then they can access it. 

I’ve been going to Batteries Plus for years now if you were closer I’d let you or anyone use my discount. After the discount it’s usually not much more than the rest and you get 3 year free replacement and it’s usually a Duracell.  

I was in Local Walmart two days ago for something and stopped and talked to a sales person about Deep Cycle batteries. this Walmart is in Troutdale, Oregon a suburb of Portland. They had many different sizes of EverStart batteries in this store including Deep Cycle batteries. I was looking for AH rating but did not find it anywhere. The sales person was clueless about this.

Any recommendations for good AH rating for house batteries. I have two house batteries in my rig, they are Interstate from Costco. I believe they are just regular car batteries. I am not a heavy electricity user though.

Deciding that pro rated replacements are a rip off and warranty's not what they were, plus having an issue with a Wal Mart battery failure.  I go to the local battery distributor and look for blems.  Now have a Marine start battery in my Toy for $50.   My favorite brand now are Blems. 

I don't have a lot of battery options where I live. Small town 3 hours from the nearest city which is still only 200,000. 3 auto parts stores and formerly Walmart. You make do with what you got

Linda

I have the two 6v with a 130watt solar setup and a Renogy Rover MPPT charge controller and I’ve never ran out of power. It’s a must have if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Scott iv said:

I've been using the 6v batteries at Batteries Plus for years. Duracell and have not had an issue yet. 

I have the two 6v with a 130watt solar setup and a Renogy Rover MPPT charge controller and I’ve never ran out of power. It’s a must have if you ask me