Noisy when I drive onto or off of my driveway. Suspension makes grinding noise when it drops slightly transitioning to level grade. Any idea on cause & fix? Thank you.

A couple of people answered your other post. Check there but also are you turning sharply when you pull out. It might be the wheel stops. They are a cushion to stop front suspension parts from hitting to sharply. They are still available

Steering Cap - Toyota 4Runner, Pickup 4X4 (1985-1995) OEM Steering Stop Cap 45619-36010 (yotashop.com)

I think the 2 wheel drive truck only needs 2 though. maybe someone else knows for sure

Linda S

I'm not turning sharply. Could it be the shock absorbers bottoming due to suspension dropping down? The torsion bars don't have any moving parts and they look OK. Thanks Linda S.

Tons of moving parts in your front suspension. Torsion bars can be adjusted which means they can be loose. Lots of bushings  ,a sway bar, and  control bars, ball joints. Long list of things that can make noise.  Also parts that should be lubed periodically. Any weakness will be exaggerated by the weight of a motorhome mounted on it. I'm assuming your driveway is sloped. On the way down the weight is on the back wheels. When you hit level ground a lot of that weight comes down on the front suspension. Even if everything's perfect that weight shift usually makes some noise

Linda S

On 4/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, linda s said:

A couple of people answered your other post. Check there but also are you turning sharply when you pull out. It might be the wheel stops. They are a cushion to stop front suspension parts from hitting to sharply. They are still available

Steering Cap - Toyota 4Runner, Pickup 4X4 (1985-1995) OEM Steering Stop Cap 45619-36010 (yotashop.com)

I think the 2 wheel drive truck only needs 2 though. maybe someone else knows for sure

Linda S

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Linda is right about the stops your discerption match's, all Toyota trucks of that vintage eventually did that as the plastic stops wore out. My fix after replacing the plastic parts a couple of times was grease on the lower control arm. You will find a bright ware mark on the control are where the stops rubbed it a bit of grease will stop the noise it would probably take 5 decades for any damage of the involved parts to ware.