No inside lights under 12 volt power, only under 120 volt A/C do I have lights a

Jeff brooks

I have a 1985 Toyota Dolphin and while trying to change the switch next to the door where the light is I accidentally shorted out the power wire. Thinking that I burnt out a fuse I could not find any fuses burnt out. But if I plug it into 120 volts I do have the lights they come on. Can anybody tell me where a relay is located or any other fuses that might be associated with the lighting system of the inside part of the cab and the outside door handle area.

If lights inside come on at all the fuses aren't the problem. There might be a fuse somewhere between the battery and the converter charger. Have you checked your house battery? If it's dead it won't charge properly and hold the charge. Have you ever put distilled water in it? No water no battery. Sounds like all the 12 volt is working inside the house but when not plugged in no 12 volt power is getting to your main panel

Linda S

Yep stuck relay. This of course assumes that you have a good battery and connections.

Edited by Maineah