LED Flasher info and a freeebie!

neilp

I recently converted my rear lights to LEDs. I ordered what I thought to be the correct LED flasher unit from Amazon. It is one that allows you to adjust the flash rate, based on the EP34.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HYHNSY7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I installed it on the camper it did not work, and I  bought another locally, an EP35 this time. 

The EP34 and EP35 are very similar except that the polarity is reversed. I think the EP34 may be correct for older ToyMos. Mine is a 1993 (1992 chassis). I'd guess that the earlier 4 cylinder models may use the EP34.

http://novitatech.com/?q=aftermarket/products/flasher-quick-reference

Anyway I now have a spare adjustable EP34 flasher unit that may well work in earlier applications. Free, if you can use it let me know and I'll mail it to you. A very small token of my appreciation for this community and all that I have learned here!

Edited by neilp

Hi If you still have the rear LEDs I’m interested. I have an 1987 Escaper. Thanking you in advance 🙏

4 hours ago, JND said:

Hey there, I just recently upgraded my rear lights to LED and am in the market for one of those flashers to get everything working again. My RV is a 1986 Toyota Sunrader.  I'm not really asking for a freebie on a $7 part, that's really nice of you though. I think mine is a three prong unit and have been researching which one to purchase. I'm not near my RV currently so can't check what ones in it. Would you suggest the EP34? i know my hazards work but not the blinker by itself. I suppose with your 2nd link, I just have to pull the current one and find the exact replica. If anything I'm grateful for that link, haha. Thank you.

You are welcome to the one I have and you can give it a try. I suspect it will work as I got the part number for it on here. I know a $7 part is not the give away of the century but it seems a shame to trash the thing! Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it off to you.

The flasher unit is located above the brake pedal in a spot that it will have you doing the dashboard limbo so that you can get to it! At least it is in my 1993 v6 - might be different in a 4 cylinder.

2 hours ago, Sandune24 said:

Hi If you still have the rear LEDs I’m interested. I have an 1987 Escaper. Thanking you in advance 🙏

Sorry if I wasn't clear - the freebie is a flasher to make the turn signals work with LEDs on older models. Looks like it spoken for if JND wants it!

But do get the rear LEDs! Good safety upgrade I think.