replacement window gasket for 86 Sunrader

Ernie B

Howdy!

I am trying to find the correct replacement outer gasket for the front overcab plexi windows on my 86 Sunrader. As shown in the pictures, it is the rubber gasket that goes between the outer window and window frame. The gaskets are separating from the frame in the corner and the previous owner tried to remedy this by covering them in a ton of some kind of sealant. I’m hoping to fix his “fix”. Thanks in advance!

9298948D-A760-40DD-AC9F-B4BE7F134307.jpeg

F7FD3E2C-4059-4E71-859F-50631BEB0540.jpeg

129555EB-C7E0-4199-B6EC-CBE578AABDC9.jpeg

120172A0-610D-4CE2-8FDB-D21E2316992F.jpeg

OK for one, that seal is not (THE SEAL). The window must be sealed to the frame with windshield sealant and that's the only thing that stops leaks. Your compression window glazing is so the real seal doesn't loosen up because of the wind force hitting the front window at highway speeds. Just reinforcement. 2) You still have the seal you need. It can be renewed. Carefully remove it without breaking, pick slowly and use some lubricant to help. Then soak in hot soapy water overnight. Clean every bit of gunk off of it . Lubricate with silicone , massage it into the rubber,  wipe dry and reinstall. You will be surprised that it now seems a little too long. Do your best to squeeze it into the area without cutting. All of this must be done with the window removed from the camper so have your plastic window cover on hand. I have brought back dried out rubber gasket like this a bunch of times

Linda S

This way you get to reinstall the whole window with new butyl tape too. I would do the reinstall on both window while your at it.

I could find nothing like it but if you want to try this is the closest I could find

Hehr Glazing Wedge - RV Windows (pellandent.com)

Here is a good one to look at if any thing is going to leak it will be  a boat window. yachtsurvey.com/WindowRepair.htm

They’re looking pretty rough but they might still be salvageable! I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the tips!